PDA

View Full Version : Is a Jardine slip on any good?

rinaldi
10-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I have a new atv and looking to do a couple things over the winter. I have not even ridden this yet, but ran across a cheap Jardine slip on. I know many suggest the HMF due to bang for the buck, but what is the take on a Jardine? I know from street bikes that Jardine goes with Honda similar to Yosh with Zuki. I personally have a Jardine on my CRF250R bike. Input appreciated.

leasureryan
10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Never knew they made atv pipes....Don't know if I would trust it....kinda like a cobra pipe....yeah, may look cool, and be cost effective, but have they done all the correct testing? And are the gains good?

MtnEX
10-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I know first hand their full exhaust systems are excellent, second to none.

I run their RT99 system on my KFX 450R
I would have nothing else.

Their slip-on should be as good as anyone else's.

It should be noted that I have ran many other 4 stroke exhaust systems, and have not been impressed with the gains from any of them until this Jardine.

I would suggest their RT5 full system.

powermadd400ex
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
uber old thread :p

but for kicks
i own a rt4 pipe and its output is great. i got mine for 80 bucks on scratch and dent, but it has a leak around the elbow and the canister but other than that, the craftmanship, sound, and increases are awesome. i reccomend it.

rinaldi
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I ended up buying the Jardine RT4 slip on for $85 new. Seemed great, nice sound, good fit, etc. Traded up to the AC Racing full system. Fit was not near as good, with jetting it seemed to produce some noticable gains. Now switched over to a Motoworks slip on with same jetting as the AC. Will see how she runs. I bought the slip on Motoworks and Motoworks EFI for my Can Am and got a good deal on the pkg.

f4iracer
10-07-2009, 08:14 AM
geez, where did you end up finding a brand new rt4 for $85

You got a killer deal.

rinaldi
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Dennis Kirk had them on Ebay as scratch and dent. I called them and they said they were just clearing them out. Not a spot on the exhaust anywhere. Perfect condition and $85. They had lots of them. I had posted the link when they had them listed.

f4iracer
10-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Apparently that pipe has been discontinued. Is that ever for quality reasons or mostly just because it didn't sell?

rinaldi
10-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Jardine came out with the RT5.

MtnEX
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Right... RT5 now.