PDA

View Full Version : Man this is tempting . . . .

SPDSNYPR
10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Went to my local Honda dealer today to get some small parts, and saw they had their new 700xx's on sale for $6499 out the door. Dealer said that they are not selling as well as Honda thought they would, hence the huge mark-down.

I really thought about trading my 400ex in - but if they aren't selling well I'd hate to get something that won't be around in a few years (meaning expensive parts, etc).

So what do the masses think? Is this a valid concern? Should I go for it and buy myself an early x-mas present or hold off?

2crazy2care
10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I debated about buying the new TRX700 for several months myself. I did not like the feedback I got from buyers & the quad magazines seemed to hate it in their tests. I bought an '08 OUTLAW 525 IRS about a month ago, don't regret it at all.
I bought it for the IRS, but the power is AWESOME!! I got it for $6200 OTD.

Blak92
10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
It could be a concern... but I love mine. I put 20 hours on it in 3 days last week... then I got on my 660 raptor yesterday. I dont regret purchasing my XX at all.

On the same stretch of field, my piped/jetted/air filtered raptor did 64 mph. My totally stock XX, heavier yes of course and little bit bigger motor did 64MPH too. Im happy with it. I will ride it till I pay it off and see what happens then, Im not going to worry about it now.

trailin'me
10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
no one is selling many atv's period right now... or dirtbikes.

no matter the brand .. you can walk away with some great bargains on anything from dirtbikes to watercraft... side by sides ... generators ... ect.

a honda will always be a honda ... and i seriously doubt they will discontinue the 700xx. just because where you are they haven't sold many 700xx doesnt mean where i am is the same ... around here you cant find one ... they are all sold.

represent618
10-30-2008, 09:26 AM
I think they will be around for a while.

They look like pretty good bikes, the reviews have all been good, well mostly good.

It`s not going to out-stand the 450R or the 400EX, but it is a good bike. I would not let the fear or a stop in producion stop you from buying one.

Look at the 250R, the bike that started it all.

SPDSNYPR
10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Well I begged my wife to let me buy one. Right after I ordered a skid plate and new bumper for my 400EX. You'd think I had asked to bring a new girlfriend home. :rolleyes:

That woman is just not very understanding.

I still want one really badly. I think it'd suit my needs a bit better than the 400EX I have. Oh well. Maybe next year when they're more expensive.

Dave01
10-30-2008, 12:39 PM
The 700XX is just awesome. It really needs adjustable shocks, but wasnt that bad without them. Now all of the toys are coming out for it. You wont be dissapointed if you get one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/gsxr1255/P1010241.jpg