PDA

View Full Version : pro armor

rob_990
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
does any one use these nerf bars. i was thinking about getting the nerf bar /heel gaurd ones or should i go all out and get the race peg nerf bars? are they the same thing except for the pegs? if i get the ones without pegs could i use an aftermarket peg with it? is there anything else that you would recommend?
thanks.

10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
what's a nerf bar?

chipworkz
10-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I actually have both, look at my signature. They are not the same but it depends on what you want and need. The PowerGRIP nerf bars are 3 separate pieces with really NASTY pegs that keep your boots planted. The nice thing about these are you can replace just the damaged piece instead of the whole thing. They are pretty expensive though. The Fat peg nerf bars are 1 piece, the pegs bolt on the nerf bars themselves. For trail riding these will be fine for most people and the pegs are still a big upgrade from factory pegs but not as good as the PowerGrip pegs.

You may be able to use after market pegs with the PowerGrip system but since all 3 pieces bolt together I wouldn't. The fat peg nerfs would have to use the Pro Armor pegs they come with them. I would also recommend you get the Fat Peg Inserts for them since they give some extra teeth in the middle of the pegs.

Hope this helps
Chris