PDA

View Full Version : 09' National Schedule

hotquads1
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
THOUGHT YOU GUYS MIGHT LIKE TO SEE THIS .

2009 ITP/Moose AMA/ATVA National Motocross Schedule

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For Immediate Release

jasonw@racerxill.com

ATVPG Announces 2009 ITP/Moose AMA/ATVA National Motocross Schedule

Morgantown, WV (October 28, 2008) -- The ATV Promoters Group (ATVPG) has announced the schedule for the 2009 ITP Tires/Moose Racing AMA/ATVA National Motocross Championship presented by Parts Unlimited. The 11-round Pro series begins on the west coast with the season opener at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, Calif., March 7-8. The Pros will then head east to join with the first round of the ATVA Series for the next ten events starting at Mill Creek Raceway in Alabama, March 21-22 and ending in Tennessee at the historic Loretta Lynn Ranch, August 15-16.

March 7/8, 2009 Glen Helen Raceway

San Bernardino, CA

Produced by Glen Helen

Features include:

· Round 1 AMA Pro Racing

March 21/22, 2009 Millcreek Raceway

Pell City, AL

Produced by Victory Sports

Features include:

· Round 2 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 1 ATVA

April 4/5, 2009 Ballance Moto X

Bowling Green, KY

Features include:

· Round 3 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 2 ATVA

April 18/19, 2009 Birch Creek Motorsports

Danville, VA

Produced by Birch Creek

Features include:

· Round 4 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 3 ATVA

May 2/3, 2009 Sunset Ridge MX

Walnut, IL

Produced by RedBud MX

Features include:

· Round 5 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 4 ATVA

May 23/24, 2009 Steel City Raceway

Delmont, PA

Produced by Racer Productions

Features include:

· Round 6 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 5 ATVA

June 13/14, 2009 Unadilla Valley Sports Center

New Berlin, NY

Produced by Unadilla Motorsports

Features include:

· Round 7 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 6 ATVA

June 27/28, 2009 Muddy Creek Raceway

Blountville, TN

Features include:

· Round 8 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 7 ATVA

July 18/19, 2009 Pleasure Valley Raceway

Armagh, PA

Produced by Cernic’s Racing

Features include:

· Round 9 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 8 ATVA

August 1/2, 2009 RedBud MX

Buchanan, MI

Produced by RedBud

Features include:

· Round 10 AMA Pro Racing

· Round 9 ATVA

August 15/16, 2009 Loretta Lynn Ranch

Hurricane Mills, TN

Produced by Racer Productions

Features include:

· FINAL Round 11 AMA Pro Racing

· FINAL Round 10 ATVA

bowtiedmax
10-29-2008, 05:19 AM
Well as expected they didnt take the economy into consideration and drop a couple of races. The dirt track series droped 2 races to help out. Oh well this was expected, I'm just clad they didnt add any.

LT80
10-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Why they STILL start so early is confusing.
5 races before school is out.
They took their wallets into consideration Max. :D

THARNESS
10-29-2008, 09:13 AM
I was sure hoping they would drop PVR.

bracey
10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by THARNESS
I was sure hoping they would drop PVR. you and everyone else

etondaddy
10-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by bracey
you and everyone else
What don't you like about PVR ??

Mike Kozura

quadnana7
10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I believe everyone will like PVR this year there should be a lot of changes to the track and the facilities. Cernic is willing to do what ever it takes to make it one of the best National tracks. He listens to what the racers have to say about what they would like for the track to be. This was his 1st year as a National there and when the schedule was made there was 2 series. When WPSA closed they were not prepared for the turnout but I saw that he had dulldoziers running even on Saturday to make more room to park. He has a whole year to make his improvements Lets give Cernic another chance and see what improvements he has made since last year.
That is my 2 cents:devil: :devil:

etondaddy
10-30-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm going to e-mail Jeff a link to this post....so please post what you didn't like so he can read it and I'm sure he'll do the best he can to make everyone happy....... and we all know that's not going to happen...lol. Some people are just......well you know.....

Mike Kozura

mxkids
10-30-2008, 06:26 AM
My boys liked the PVR track. The parking was not the best, but it did seem to improve over the course of the weekend. The staff was friendly. The only thing I would ask that they do is FIX the running water (sink) in the bathroom. I guess with me being a Nurse that is just SICK!!!!

As far as the schedule the only thing I can complain about is them taking Mt Morris off. That was Bubbas favorite track. Other than that no complaints here.

Sonia

etondaddy
10-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I just got a e-mail from Jeff he'll be checking this post so if you got something to say bad or good say it...... I know he'll do the best he can to make everyone happy...... but we all know how that is.

Mike Kozura

Ryko racing
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
We were also shocked that they would go back there and cancel Mt Morris. Last years race was the worst national that we have been to.( We have never been to a track (business) that treated their customers so poorly, in our opinion their attitude towards us was terrible, they made it seem like it was our fault that they planned poorly. Then they had some big security guard that wanted to fight and argue with everyne all weekend long. (we witnessed this as we had to park at the gate all weekend)

We will try it again this year to see if it really was just growing pains but I am very skeptical when tput uhe problems are with the staff, track and parking.. ( too many issp with just about anythingues).

Thats the good thing about racers, we will put up with just about anything to RACE..

mx3mom
10-30-2008, 05:33 PM
My opinion is this: I think for a first year track, they did a decent job with the turnout that they had. I don't think they anticipated such a large turn out. Jeff was very accomodating, after we finally got parked, he came around and asked if everything was ok. We asked him if they could possibly move a porta potty and trash can a little closer, sometime during the day he done just that. Its the little things like that, that keep people satisfied. I realize that people had to park across the road, which was a very bad thing. The track had some very large rocks left on it which did cause some damage to some quads. The only thing I still gripe about is the fact that they took Daniel Boone off for lack of parking but it isn't any better in some other areas and Daniel Boone drew in the biggest spectator crowd and was spectator friendly. I think Jeff will go out of his way to make his track the best he possibly can, lets give him a chance guys.

mini racer #39
10-30-2008, 07:08 PM
The track wasn't bad. We have to adapte to different tracks. I have to agree with MXKIDS though about the bathrooms. NO WATER. We asked many times over the weekend and had others tell us that they had just raced there the weekend before and they had water. With so many people (like us) camping out and "roughing it" i think that showers, even if they are portable like Sunset and Undilla, should be a must! They make enough profit to help us out a little. After some of the muddy races that we ran last year, it's hard if you don't have a place to clean up. I know that were not sorry that they droped High Point only because we never seem to have any luck there...lol..Anyways..Maybe some of the promoters can look into getting more of the portable showers. But then again thats just my opinion. But we are spending enough money to get to these races now , who has the extra for a hotel. I know we don't!:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

Logan #34's Dad
10-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Parking seemed to be most people's issues. There is plenty of room to be cleared off at the bottom of the hill near the long left-hand sweeper before you climb the hill to the finishline. Add some big gravel and all should be well. I just hope it don't rain.
I personally did not care for the area of the track that went down over the hill and then a 90 degree turn to the right into an S to go to the left-hand sweeper turn. I watched many youngsters about wipe out cause of the speed they were carrying coming down the hill to the sharp right turn. If you miss it you'd have nowhere to go but over a steep hill to the bottom. Besides that It was okay. It was cool watching the big quads do the sets of tables near the road before the left turn to go under the bridge.
ALSO, I'd liked to see Steel City on the schedule, I'm a little biased though - 2 hours away! LOL

STOCKRACING917
10-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Parking and def. Water in the bathrooms... Healthcare does spoil you on handwashing lol. We were highly ticked when we were parked a mile or so from the TRACK ? But we were able to move in the next morning and parked close to the ppl we travel with. I couldn't imagine that transport system ever working to get everyone back and forth in time for your races, ect. I think they needed a little more help in concessions, those poor people seemed a little under staff and that caused tremendous stress on them. I like my service with a smile. All in all, they weren't prepared but I'd hate to see my first attempt of something of that magnetude. The track was hardest on us, we liked it, we just didn't perform well there and had our worst finish. I'm with Rocky on the kids wiping out, my kid was one of them. Please fix that problem. Handling there was a major issue. Would we travel there again? We had already discussed dissing that race if we could, but we'll have to see how it goes.
Best wishes to Cernics, hope all goes well.

mx3mom
10-31-2008, 06:36 PM
I know the turn you guys are talking about, my son had help wiping out there, he got T'd by someone behind him

Logan #34's Dad
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Yep, If a kid comes down over the hill a little hot then all kinds of bad stuff can happen. It only takes one. My biggest problem is that if they mess up there is no safe place to go.

mxdad423
10-31-2008, 09:33 PM
unfortunatley we missed the PVR Nat because of Brandon being injured from the High Point Nat. But I have heard all of the complaints. Let me tell you, I know Jeff very well, PVR is a track that we race at many times every year and Jeff always works on improvements. PLEASE don't be discouraged from last years flaws, I can garauntee that every problem that exsisted will be addressed and fixed. Like Etondaddy said, let Jeff know what was wrong and he will fix it. I to was dissapointed to see High Point not on there, that is one of Brandon's favorite tracks but with High Point out, Steel City is in, another of Rita's tracks and it is just as nice.

Kevin Smitley

LT80
11-01-2008, 09:36 AM
It was hard to watch the riders at PVR. I doubt that can be fixxed.
Attendance? Every race before had big numbers. Should have been ready IMO.
Water: In Pa. if food is offered, hand wash stations are required. You know, that pesky sanitation thing..:P
Simple fix, when ordering portable toilets, you order portable sinks.
The potty crew did a great job!

As for High point, Good ridance. It's a one laned track and now with no finish line jumps, it's nothing but a fair local track compared to what it once was.

mx3mom
11-01-2008, 01:43 PM
You're right about High Point there Jack. I liked it before, but they took out all the good stuff.

mxdad423
11-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Not sure what you mean about no finish line jump Jack, we was just there again several weeks back and the finish line table top is the same as it's been for the last several years. As far as one laned, yea on some days it is but weather conditions have some to do with that, we watch our kids on that track 3 to 4 times a year and they all make passes all day. Not being a smart a** and don't take it that way, just my opinion.

Kevin Smitley

LT80
11-02-2008, 08:15 AM
There used to be a set of BIG jumps going into the finish line tabletop.
No offence taken. I'll be happy to hear your opinion any day. :)

Sure was cool watching Angela do the big jumps. :D

mxdad423
11-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Yea I remember the jumps before the finish line. I don't know about the opinion thing, sometimes I don't even like my own opinions....LOL..

Kevin Smitley

yfz450bb07
11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by team37
I will bet if you check Hussain's web site, I mean Obamas' web site, he probably has all these issuses covered in his agenda as well. He claims to have the rest of the world's problems covered so I would not worry about a thing! Every time I drive through the deteriorating city of Chicago I think of how lucky they were to have him here for 25 years to magically fix all of their problems. He didn't accomplish a freaken thing in IL. He talks a good game, but don't let him fool you - he's not the savior of the world. VOTE McCAIN/PALIN!!VOTE McCAIN/PALIN!!

Please don't bring the political crap into this!!!! JMO

qcitytile
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
any comments on walnut, IL. We have never been to a national but I think that will be our first since were kind of close. Would like to run more but just want to start close and see how it goes.

team37
11-03-2008, 07:37 PM
walnut is probably the sweetest track in the country there will be plenty of practice dates and maybe a few dist. 17 races before the national..........big -fast -safe jumps