PDA

View Full Version : We just added an addition to the family

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Now she just needs to learn how to ride it ...:o
We picked it up at the final round of the WORCS series and couldnt be more pleased . We bought it from atvriders member Kustomfab2003. I cant thank him enough for delivering it to the track for us and saving us some shipping costs and jsut overall time..

Kelsey just spent her last wk end on a mini this last week end and is soooo glad to be off it ! :p

WE had a jetting nightmare this last race ,Kelsey ended her racing season in a 4th and 5th place :ermm:
too many issues this year with her accident and just overall bad luck on motor that killed her points on the top 3 .

I have a hunch if she hits the gym hard this winter she might just get that championship shes been wanting so badly .:macho
We have to make a few changes(twist throddle being one thing) but I have a feeling we might be hitting a local duning spot next week to give it a test!:blah:
Spoiled lil brat... I dont even have a 450!:grr:

http://upload.pbase.com/image/105194352/original.jpg

klutch
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Sick bike! Congratz on the new addition im sure she'll love it!

10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
That LTR is drop dead sexy! Matches this thing on it pretty well:p

lol, j/p.

She told me she was getting the ltr. Thats crazy. Good luck racing it!

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I talked to the owner of Motoworks at the WORCS race and right now as it stands it will not pass sound next year, so else we will have to get an instert or a dif pipe.
But daannng..... it sure sounds goooood......:cool:

the rear shock we will have to change abit.. or ...

We may be adding a full ARS-FX set up on it instead .:devil:
They were also at the track and said they have everything needed for it in stock.

Not sure what all just yet, we will we adding Maxxis tires and selling the new ones that are on there and adding Flexx bars at some point this fall as well.
And of course its gotta get a bunch of race stickers !!:blah:
Once we know who her sponsors are in 09 season I think Ill have sticker graphics made for it .

10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Wish my parents would buy me something lol. Paid my own way for my 400ex at 15 years old and all the parts. My bank account was pretty drained after that lol

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Trust me .. she works for it.
Shes required to have good grades,she has to help with maintaining it ,ALOT of chores and responsibilites to earn having it.
We sold her mini to pay for it so for once we got a quad that didint break the bank! LOL

Thats great that you paid for your own rider, it will make you appreciate what you have alot more ;)

Gray33
10-28-2008, 05:16 PM
ur daughter is pretty hott

10-28-2008, 05:29 PM
That thing must ride like a cloud:eek2:

Flynbryan19
10-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Gray33

How about showing alittle respect jr.....:o

If you wouldn't say it to her face(and I'm sure you wouldn't) its not acceptable to say online either.

Congrats on the new bike QJ.

416exfreak
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM

I really hope you live a long way from QJ... more namely, Troy...

It's been rumored that he has no problem going to prison over his little girl.:scary:

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

It's been rumored that he has no problem going to prison over his little girl.:scary:

LMAO :p
Thanks Bry!!

10-28-2008, 05:53 PM

You could of at least said it in a proper way like me. That sounded pretty rude they way you said it.

Im sure you make QJ feel so much better that way.

03pete
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I think I found my new favorite ATV. What year is that? I have never seen that plastic anywhere. Special edition or aftermarket? More pix please:devil:

klutch
10-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
You could of at least said it in a proper way like me. That sounded pretty rude they way you said it.

Im sure you make QJ feel so much better that way.

Thats what i was thinking. He could've atleast shown a little respect in the way it was said.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 03pete
I think I found my new favorite ATV. What year is that? I have never seen that plastic anywhere. Special edition or aftermarket? More pix please:devil:
Its an 07 and I think the plastic is Maier with a Generation hood??
Kelsey already starting pulling off stickers so I cant remember. lol

CannondaleRider
10-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Trust me guys, the pictures don't even do that bike justice.

At the motel, if I would have looked at the thing much longer, Kelsey might have had to wipe drool off it, lol.

Thing is just immaculate. Congrats to Kelsey, I'm sure she'll love it.

10-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Trust me .. she works for it.
Shes required to have good grades,she has to help with maintaining it ,ALOT of chores and responsibilites to earn having it.
We sold her mini to pay for it so for once we got a quad that didint break the bank! LOL

Thats great that you paid for your own rider, it will make you appreciate what you have alot more ;)

all of that is required for me to live at home lol yeah I like paying for my own things I have more sense in pride and really take care of it. I just bought my own car too. Pay for it yourself and then people cant take it away from you. I know cause my mom has tried. She said i'll take your quad away and sell it I said you cant touch that I bought it with my own money. Then this week she said i'll take away your car I said good have fun driving me to school and picking me up everyday. The car my parents pay insurance so they can take that away but the quad its all mine :)

10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Trust me guys, the pictures don't even do that bike justice.

At the motel, if I would have looked at the thing much longer, Kelsey might have had to wipe drool off it, lol.

Thing is just immaculate. Congrats to Kelsey, I'm sure she'll love it.

You get any seat time on it yet? It looks so sweet. I wish I had a 450, lol.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
all of that is required for me to live at home lol yeah I like paying for my own things I have more sense in pride and really take care of it. I just bought my own car too. Pay for it yourself and then people cant take it away from you. I know cause my mom has tried. She said i'll take your quad away and sell it I said you cant touch that I bought it with my own money. Then this week she said i'll take away your car I said good have fun driving me to school and picking me up everyday. The car my parents pay insurance so they can take that away but the quad its all mine :)
Yes... these things are required to live in our home too, but at her age and with the amt. of time we have its very limited so that works for us FOR NOW.
There will come a day when she will get a job and who knows... her racing may no longer be a part of the picture or aloow with work. we want to fullfill what we can while we can ..after that,they are on there own.IF they fullfill there end we try to do what we can as well.Which isnt alot these days. lol
They do without alot of things to have there quads as we are not wealthy people and just do what we can do

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
You get any seat time on it yet? It looks so sweet. I wish I had a 450, lol.
NO ONE is gonna get seat time on it until she does or shes gonna have a fit!! lol

J/K

Who does the graphics for alot of the Pro guys with the sponsors decals on them??
Go for it graphics ??

10-28-2008, 06:50 PM
NO ONE is gonna get seat time on it until she does or shes gonna have a fit!! lol

J/K

Who does the graphics for alot of the Pro guys with the sponsors decals on them??
Go for it graphics ??

lol:p
\
goforitgraphics.com is pretty popular as far as I know

10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

try tellin my mom tht
my mom tries to take stuff i bought all the time

10-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes... these things are required to live in our home too, but at her age and with the amt. of time we have its very limited so that works for us FOR NOW.
There will come a day when she will get a job and who knows... her racing may no longer be a part of the picture or aloow with work. we want to fullfill what we can while we can ..after that,they are on there own.IF they fullfill there end we try to do what we can as well.Which isnt alot these days. lol
They do without alot of things to have there quads as we are not wealthy people and just do what we can do

thats good though to support your kids in what they like doing i want to help my kids whenever that time comes in my life to do what they like. hopefully they like riding i dont know how you couldnt like it your in control of everything and how can your frown with you being able to romp on a motor and go fast without speed limit signs

miller821
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Bike looks sexy QJ! :cool:

If she hasn't already felt the power, then she soon will! What's the mods list so far?

JJs450r
10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
sweet quad still 2 this day i think she looks like the girl from supercross the movie

10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
ha yeah she does a lil

kustomfab2003
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Bike looks sexy QJ! :cool:

If she hasn't already felt the power, then she soon will! What's the mods list so far?

Quad was mine, I just didn't get to ride it much. I am really glad to see it go to a good home and to someone that will enjoy riding it as much as I enjoyed building it.

Josh

Mod's List:

2007 LTR450

Frame: Stock
A Arms: JB Racing Long Travel
Swingarm: Stock
Steering Stem: Houser +1
Stbilizer: Precision
Axle: Stock
Carrier: Stock
Locknut: Stock
Hubs F|R: Stock
Bars: TAG oversize CR low Bend
Throttle/Clutch Lever: Streamline Twist throttle
Grips: SCott
Nerfs: Extreme Pro Peg
Bumper: BlingStar Natalie Series
Grab Bar: Stock
Front Shocks: Fox Float Evol X Long Travel
Rear Shock: Fox Podium
Brake Lines: Stock (Have streamline to mount up)
Rotors F|R: Stock
Rims F|R: ITP T-9
Tires F|R: ITP Holeshot GNCC HD

Body:

Plastic: Maier Silver Custom Cut / Generation X silver Carbon hood
Graphics|Seat Cover: Doompa Graphics / Quadtech Cover
Number Backgrounds: N/A
Handguards: Powermadd
Bar Pad: N/A
Fuel Tank: Stock

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head: Stock
Bore & Stroke: Stock
Displacement: Stock
Cam: Stock
Carburetor: Yosh PIM Programmer
Air Filter|Box: Custom Aluminum box, 450R Uni Filter
Pipe|Silencer: Motoworks Carbon SR4 series complete system
Clutch|Plates: Stock
Gearing F|R: 13/36
CDI|Killswitch: OEM
Cooling: CV4 Hoses / Engine Ice
Other: I'm Sure there's something that was missed....

Gray33
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
sweet quad still 2 this day i think she looks like the girl from supercross the movie

pshh. Sounded a little rude not?

rofl just kidding

TO EVERYONE,

I DEEPLY APOLGIZE FOR SAYING "UR Daughter looks pretty hott"

so............

let me rephrase it

Hey, man you sure did rasie up a beautiful daughter. Sorry for being rude.

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for posting that Josh.. you saved me some time!:D
You should have seen Kelsey at the hotel..

She was petting the bumper like a dog.. LMAO:p

Ill bet you that she has posted pics of it with her cell phone on her myspace already too. lol

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
pshh. Sounded a little rude not?

rofl just kidding

TO EVERYONE,

I DEEPLY APOLGIZE FOR SAYING "UR Daughter looks pretty hott"

so............

let me rephrase it

Hey, man you sure did rasie up a beautiful daughter. Sorry for being rude.

Now you need to apoligize for calling me a MAN..

Im a WOMAN!:eek: :blah:
LMAO!

;)

kustomfab2003
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm glad you are very happy with it. Now a days you never know what peoples expectations are no matter how well you take pictures and describe it. Please be sure to post up pictures and send me some of it in action.

On a side note, the neighbor of the person I bought the transmission from in Taft had spoken with you guys and the new owner of your hybrid and really liked the LTR as well. What a small world.

I also already have the engine mounted in the rail and will e-mail you some updated pic's of it as it comes along.

-Josh

Gray33
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

Guess i wasn't the only one lol.

Alright, i am sorry for thinking u were a guy. Let me apoligize i am very rude. sorry

to answer your question to whoever asked "whould you say that to her face"

Yes, i will be honest and i have said "you daughter is pretty hott" to a few moms

QuadJunkies
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by kustomfab2003
I'm glad you are very happy with it. Now a days you never know what peoples expectations are no matter how well you take pictures and describe it. Please be sure to post up pictures and send me some of it in action.

On a side note, the neighbor of the person I bought the transmission from in Taft had spoken with you guys and the new owner of your hybrid and really liked the LTR as well. What a small world.

I also already have the engine mounted in the rail and will e-mail you some updated pic's of it as it comes along.

-Josh

haha! SMALL WORLD for sure!!
Def. send me some shots ! I would love to own sand rail.

416exfreak
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Guess i wasn't the only one lol.

Alright, i am sorry for thinking u were a guy. Let me apoligize i am very rude. sorry

to answer your question to whoever asked "whould you say that to her face"

Yes, i will be honest and i have said "you daughter is pretty hott" to a few moms

I know that QJ is a woman. Her name is Tina. Her husband (kelsey's dad) is named Troy.

Hence, you should be wary of the way you talk about Kelsey.;)

She is beautiful though. And she has an amazing quad... haha!

Congrats Kelsey, go ride the wheels off of it. We wanna see you with a big trophy;)

QuadJunkies
10-29-2008, 08:35 AM

I was just playin with ya, all is good.. ;)
Your not the 1st to think I was a guy and most certainly not the last . lol :p

The only thing that will be dif. than most anything else we have owned is learning all the EFI stuff and basically the quad itself. We REALLY was hoping she would want a Honda, that would have made life abit easier for Dad . lol but she felt more comfortable on the Zuke. We will have to do alot of research over the winter.

JRP
10-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I was just playin with ya, all is good.. ;)
Your not the 1st to think I was a guy and most certainly not the last . lol :p

The only thing that will be dif. than most anything else we have owned is learning all the EFI stuff and basically the quad itself. We REALLY was hoping she would want a Honda, that would have made life abit easier for Dad . lol but she felt more comfortable on the Zuke. We will have to do alot of research over the winter.

OH YEA! SUZUKI ALL THE WAY!:blah:

Thats just how i felt too, a lot more comfortable on the suzuki than my honda, even though my honda was wayyy faster lol

NPelletier
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
thanks for rubbing it my face:devil: :blah:

i have a 300ex just like in the backround....:ermm: :mad:

trade?;)

amazing quad, and dont crash this one:macho !

ben300
10-29-2008, 11:01 AM
that ltr is rediculous....trick as can be....

she's a very lucky girl to have great support like that from you and your husband.

QuadJunkies
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by NPelletier

and dont crash this one:macho !

FO SHO.. :scary:

400ex28
10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Congrats on the new quad :cool:

03pete
10-29-2008, 12:58 PM
any updated pics? I want to see more:devil: Very jealous.

QuadJunkies
10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 03pete
any updated pics? I want to see more:devil: Very jealous.
Not yet, I am currently working on the WORCS Race Coverage but when Im done I will have alot Im sure .:D

10-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I can post some more!

lol, they're right on her myspace. If she doesnt mind ill post em up.

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
We took it out for a short ride this evening before the storm moved in...
http://www.pbase.com/image/105421579/original.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 06:33 PM
She was so excited to ride it today, she could hardly stand it!!
http://www.pbase.com/image/105421575/original.jpg

Ralph
11-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Great looking bike!

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
We havent had the time to order a tether for it yet, so riding day was kept pretty minimal...
But I can tell you this much...
In just the short time she rode it today she will be flying on it in no time .

http://www.pbase.com/image/105421577/original.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
All she kept saying is how much better the suspension feels and she looooves the 4 stroke feel soooooo much better!

http://www.pbase.com/image/105421578/original.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Nothing too special in the way of photos.. just to feel things out abit.
We def. need to change up the jetting as its poppoing abit here at home( I completely forgot we might need programmer!:scary: )
and def. need to change the gearing...
But so far so good!!
http://www.pbase.com/image/105421580/original.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
photos were not the best, I didnt take my flash, the weather took a turn so we head for home.
Were going to hit some local dunes next week if the weather is decent.

http://www.pbase.com/image/105421581/original.jpg

kustomfab2003
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Tina, Did you get some fresh fuel in it some of what is in there may be a few months old, but it was 108 octane. Also it may be popping due to the need for a fuel filter change, after that the EFI should adjust and the popping should stop.

Great pic's by the way.

-Josh

kustomfab2003
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
All she kept saying is how much better the suspension feels and she looooves the 4 stroke feel soooooo much better!

http://www.pbase.com/image/105421578/original.jpg

Did it land like a pillow for her? The front end can really droop out cant it?

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by kustomfab2003
Tina, Did you get some fresh fuel in it some of what is in there may be a few months old, but it was 108 octane. Also it may be popping due to the need for a fuel filter change, after that the EFI should adjust and the popping should stop.

Great pic's by the way.

-Josh

Why race gas?? WE put in fresh 91 Octane.
Troy contemplated the filter,but he wasnt sure if it needed yet or not, so he left it for now .

kustomfab2003
11-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I always ran race gas when I used it in the sand cause it just seemed to help it run a little cooler and a little less strain on the motor. It doesn't really need it, just a piece of mind knowing I have good gas in it. With some of the gas stations now days, you really don't know what you are getting.

-Josh

wvspeedfreak
11-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Very nice quad Tina.I am sure Kelsey is exited about it.It doesn't seem like that long ago you were building her Kasea lol.

QuadJunkies
11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Very nice quad Tina.I am sure Kelsey is exited about it.It doesn't seem like that long ago you were building her Kasea lol.

lol. sometimes it seems like yesterday, and other days it seems like a really long time ago. :p

03pete
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Very Nice!:eek2: I'm very jealous:blah:

IdahoMX
11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Tell Kelsey Troy sold me the fox fronts and rear and I will be by to pick them up this weekend.

XtremeSkier
11-03-2008, 10:28 PM
thats a badass LTR, you mentioned she works hard and earned it..

i've been working for my dad for free for awhile and probably still will be since he bought my KTM for a graduation present...just looking at it is enough motivation though!

i'm sure she appriciates it as much as i appriciate my wheeler!

later

QuadJunkies
11-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by IdahoMX
Tell Kelsey Troy sold me the fox fronts and rear and I will be by to pick them up this weekend.
I think you might have to wrestle her for them. :p