PDA

View Full Version : new mini quad bars

SMS
10-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Here are new mini quad soft bars specific for mini quads They retail for $281.25

BradLoomis
10-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Looks like a rip off of FASST Flexx bars. Wonder if there might be a patent infringement there. I know there was 2 or 3 patent #'s on the box mine came in.:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Besides, ours are mini quad bars:huh

SMS
10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
dont know anything about all that stuff I just thaught they looks sweet

bulldogfallon
10-28-2008, 10:13 PM
These are mini quad specific bars and they have been through the legal channels to ensure that no patents were violated.

ATV Four Play is the manufacturer

pnbsdad
10-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Have you tried them out yet? If so how were they? thanks

bulldogfallon
10-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Not available yet from what I understand after talking to Tom yesterday.

Here is a link for more info on the product:

http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/atvfoplsoba.html

SMS
10-29-2008, 09:02 AM
I love what Tom has done and I think they are sweet and a great price and I know they work very well. The kids at our local track all can not wait to get them.

Pappy
10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
These are mini quad specific bars and they have been through the legal channels to ensure that no patents were violated.

ATV Four Play is the manufacturer

I would start getting a lawyer ready for what will surely be a lawsuit over the issue

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/fasstco2008-soft-bar-handle-bar-patent-atv.html

SMS
10-30-2008, 03:02 PM
ya I feel ya, I would not want to be in his shoes at this point. Wee bit scary

heathmxracing
10-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow!! My my get feeling was right... My question would be at this point, why would anyone want to purchase them? Fasst has a great product, great service, great quality, warenty, competive price, and is already race proven. I don't think the cost savings would be worth the risk of having them seized but the US patten office?? :eek2:

BradLoomis
10-30-2008, 09:36 PM
If Tom went through the legal channels, like Gary said, his attorney's are either REALLY good or REALLLLLLLLY BAD.

But unfortunately in these cases, Fasst will have to pay their lawyers to stop someone from infringing on their income and even if they win... only the lawyers really do.

SMS
10-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Good points by all love to hear how you guys feel on this. Ya I know if someone copied my idea like my pipe I would cry. I do feel that Toms product is not the same as flex. It is great the kids love the bars. They are made for kids not so much adults that I know of. They do works great and the cost is better for my customers that can't afford to buy flex bars. They really don't feel the same as flex bars either. I have tried to put flex bars on mini quads and they are to wide and they don't have a enough bend back torwards the rider. As far as legal stuff goes I 'm staying out of it.

BradLoomis
10-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by SMS
Good points by all love to hear how you guys feel on this. Ya I know if someone copied my idea like my pipe I would cry. Either way I would loose.

Unfortunately, we as consumers loose even more than you as the manufacture. Because after a couple of these situations, why are you as the designer/innovator, going to want to release to rest of us something that is going to just be knocked off by someone else that didn't make a better product, just the same with a different color. Very frustrating for everyone!!!!

P.S. You pipe looks great!!!!!!

bulldogfallon
10-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Unfortunately, we as consumers loose even more than you as the manufacture. Because after a couple of these situations, why are you as the designer/innovator, going to want to release to rest of us something that is going to just be knocked off by someone else that didn't make a better product, just the same with a different color. Very frustrating for everyone!!!!

P.S. You pipe looks great!!!!!!

Certain ATV manufacturers are know for this as well, but people continue to buy their product... :confused:

Maybe we can all try to keep the public informed of the final result by the immediate short cuts.

it3iceman
11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
bump.....any updates???

guy310
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
If you look at them , I thinkl they pivot kind of back and forth on the plane of the sweep and also up and down. That would make them similar but very unique from the Flexx bars.

raidernut
11-10-2008, 10:30 PM
http://atvfourplay.com/New%20Products/ATV%204%20Play%20Soft%20Bars/FASST%20Response.pdf