PDA

View Full Version : So, who got...

ZeroLogic
10-28-2008, 07:51 AM
...snow today? Up here in NEPA we got about two inches of snow and rain/sleet ontop of that, winds up to or over 40mph.I had a branch about 15 feet long and about nine inches think fall into my driveway missing my work truck by feet.

Yay winter.:mad:

Ryan
10-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Lucky you.. Wish I got some snow up here... We got part of the storm. Some heavy winds, rain, and hail.

Keep your truck away from dem tree's :macho

ZeroLogic
10-28-2008, 08:19 AM
I was hoping a tree would land on it and total it. Collect the insurance money and go get a bigger truck!:devil: :blah:

Robin Hood
10-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Got about 2 inches in north Jersey.

I wish my classes would get canceled. :p

spanky101
10-28-2008, 09:44 AM
we had flurries yesterday but no accumulation :(

ZeroLogic
10-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Its snowing like a mother right now. We got about four or so inches of the white ****. Just got done cleaning up the yard and cuttin up all the fallen trees/branches.

I want to be a lumber jack now.:blah: :devil:

Quad18star
10-28-2008, 10:58 AM
It's missed us up here so far. Last week we did get 3 inches though .... a sign of things to come . I have a Love/Hate relationship with winter .... I love it for about a month ... then I hate it for the next 5 months.

ZeroLogic
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Its all great for about ten minutes, then I miss the 90 degree weather.:p

TilltheEnd
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
wish we got some of it down here

10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
It was so cold this morning it went down to 42 degrees and the high today is only 65!!! Tonight they said we could see it hit freezing. I want my warm weather back, global warming would be nice right now

woodsman250r
10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
It was so cold this morning it went down to 42 degrees and the high today is only 65!!! Tonight they said we could see it hit freezing. I want my warm weather back, global warming would be nice right now

High of ONLY 65??? Quit complaining boy, that is short and t shirt weather up north. You bun boys down south are spoiled and start to cry when the weather hits the 50's. Try living up here where you get wind chills of -10 and below! Pfff...only 65 degrees! You would never be able to hack it up here if you think 42 degrees is freezing cold! :devil:

10-28-2008, 02:10 PM
We live in NEPA..

But my town sucks. EVERY SINGLE TOWN around us got around 2 inches.. We are getting snow but none of it is sticking.

Hopefully it sticks tonight and tomorow.

10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
High of ONLY 65??? Quit complaining boy, that is short and t shirt weather up north. You bun boys down south are spoiled and start to cry when the weather hits the 50's. Try living up here where you get wind chills of -10 and below! Pfff...only 65 degrees! You would never be able to hack it up here if you think 42 degrees is freezing cold! :devil:

I did for most of my life. I lived in NY longer than I have in FL. 65 degrees isnt bad weather but i dont like it going so low at night or early in the morning. Cold weather sucks when there isnt snow. I hated when in NY it would be like 35 degrees out raining. For some reason I just feel colder when there isnt snow or its like theres no purpose for it to get cold. When I go to CO last year is was -6 degrees at night and I just wore jeans, long socks, my boots, a long sleeve shirt and then a thinner hoodie and I wasnt freezing my buns off that is until I tried to sled down a huge snow pile in a parking lot and ate the ground. There was a junk of ice that I hit and it cracked the sled and made me fly through the air then I landed on top of another junk of ice and it cracked more. Then I went face 1st into a parking lot lol

kawiefan
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
We've got around 6-8 so far but were on top of a mountian. Down below there's none, its just sleet.

gcart2
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM

yea well try living down here where ity gets 120 degrees in the summer on a daily basis. damn yankees.:rolleyes:

woodsman250r
10-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
yea well try living down here where ity gets 120 degrees in the summer on a daily basis. damn yankees.:rolleyes:

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Florida. That state is the biggest S#*% hole I have ever been to. Full of illegal Cubans, thugs and 70 year old retired people from Ohio. Plus the weather is horrible in the summer, can't even stand to be outside. I'll stick with sunny and 70 on monday, snow on tuesday and high of 95 with a storm in the evening Ohio weather.

10-28-2008, 07:24 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to live in Florida. That state is the biggest S#*% hole I have ever been to. Full of illegal Cubans, thugs and 70 year old retired people from Ohio. Plus the weather is horrible in the summer, can't even stand to be outside. I'll stick with sunny and 70 on monday, snow on tuesday and high of 95 with a storm in the evening Ohio weather.

lol i take it you went to Miami? I think your speculating and went to the wrong areas.

redlineranger
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
i live in alabama and will agree we cant complain too much about it being cold. 65 is not cold to me... cold to me is 30's and 40's

and around january and february its is steadily in the 10's and 20's so i know what colds like.

but no one from the north can say a damn thing to us about it being hot. put the humidity on top of the 110 degree weather and its almost unbearable.

10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i live in alabama and will agree we cant complain too much about it being cold. 65 is not cold to me... cold to me is 30's and 40's

and around january and february its is steadily in the 10's and 20's so i know what colds like.

but no one from the north can say a damn thing to us about it being hot. put the humidity on top of the 110 degree weather and its almost unbearable.

i've been to hell and back its called mexico lol in mexico during the summer it was so hot it was like being in an oven. Like it was crazy how hot it was outside desert like conditions are not fun. Then the water was like 92 degrees so forget that cooling you off much

10-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger

same here
when its lik 60 i wear shorts and a t shirt and when its tht cold in florida people are wearing jackets

10-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Its going down to 34 degrees tonight. Same as NY.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Were having crazy weather here in Illinios, 2 weeks ago, me and my dad put our stands up, and it was at least 80 degrees, and now, it was 34 degrees this morning. Everyones been tellin me its gonna be one of the worst winters in years.

I-7
10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Got around 8 inches here in the mountain. Down in town there was about 2 or 3. Crazy.

Pipeless416
10-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Yippie-Ki-Yay
Were having crazy weather here in Illinios, 2 weeks ago, me and my dad put our stands up, and it was at least 80 degrees, and now, it was 34 degrees this morning. Everyones been tellin me its gonna be one of the worst winters in years.

where in illinois? oh and as far as the heat.. we get it here too, so don't worry. maybe not AS hot, but 100% humidity with 100 degree temps is not fun with an outdoor labor intensive job that requires jeans, polo shirts, boots, and face masks. it gets toasty.:o such animosity from the south :eek2:

ZeroLogic
10-29-2008, 02:09 PM
We had a **** load of huge branches that fell from the trees yesterday. My father and I took off from work to clean up the yard. It was hell.:p Three days ago at the track I was wearing a t shirt and now theres a foot of snow on the ground!

10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
mmm yeah I woke up here in Florida to 29 degees and I had to scrape tons of ice off my car windows. I really hoped I wouldnt have to do that any time soon in my life. Today was so nice out like now the afternoon 68 degrees.

Ruby Soho
10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Its all great for about ten minutes, then I miss the 90 degree weather.:p

ain't that the truth!:D