PDA

View Full Version : What fluids for a 2009 Drx 90

86trizinger
10-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Just got my sons ATV thanks to Gary.. My son isn't getting it until Christmas but I want to get it assembled and some powdercaoting done to it.

I just wanted to know what fluids I should use in the bike.
I am new to DRR and want to get extra fluids for my shelf.

*Engine OIl- type and how much it holds

*trans oil- type and how much it holds

*Premix oil - plan on running CAstor 927 oil.. going to mix my own fuel instead of the oil pump. 32:1

THARNESS
10-28-2008, 07:34 AM
There is no "engine oil" for a two stroke other than the oil you put in the gas if you plan on pre-mixing. I use Bel-Ray Gear saver 80w in the tranny. I also fill it up to the top. I also attach a longer overflow hose and run it up high so when you are running it hard the oil will travel up the hose instead of running out on the ground. Then after the bike cools the fluid will drain right back into the tranny. Good luck with your new DRR. I'm sure this will be a Christmas your little man won't soon forget.

86trizinger
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Tahnks for the INfo.. I had older 2 stroke with the tranny on the engine.. DIdnt realize they dont use crankcase oil anymore..

Any recommendations on antifreeze>?

mfr422
10-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I run engine ice with redline water wetter in all of my quads, the water wetter helps heat transfer and they will run 20-30 degrees cooler. Also I would recommend you switch to a synthetic 2 stroke oil after break-in. Today's modern synthetics are light years ahead of castor and won't separate causing engine failure. I use redline 2 stroke, but any will be better than 927, Klotz, Amsoil, etc. Good luck your boys a lucky kid and there's lots of good people here. By the way, your'e right to premix, the injection is the first thing to change. :D

SMS
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
motul trans expert for transmission
engine ice works
engine side I recomend ams oil dominator or red line 2 stroke oil mix 32:1 if you unhook injector if you leeave the injector hooked up I use the super M made by maxium
I always recomend getting a new chain right off the start get 428 did gold