PDA

View Full Version : Phillies... Screwed???

54warrior
10-28-2008, 05:42 AM
What's anyone think of last nights World Series game? Did the Phillies get screwed Should the game have ended after 5 innings with the Phillies winning 2-1 Not a Phillies fan, but I work with a bunch of them and they are pretty disgruntled this morning, and I feel they have a right to be.

DVS_Freestyler
10-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Go Phillies!! i concur i think they got slightly screwed, but nothing you can really do it did seem like the rain got worse.

FreekShow
10-28-2008, 10:09 AM
if i was a phillies fan i wouldnt have wanted the game to be called and have them win like that. if they are truly gonna be world champions then they should finish out the game

10-28-2008, 10:25 AM
1st off go Rays :cool: The umpires just suck! Terrible calls. Last night the Rays atleast looked decent. At 1st I was like Phillies won but then they started to come back. I hope it goes to game 7

Quad18star
10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I've got my money on the Phillies winning the World Series , but I am happy with the way things went lastnight. I'm sure the guys on both teams wouldn't want to win the World Series by default because of a rain out after 5 innings .... that's not the right way to win. You play hard all year .... you want to win properly.

You can tell they were just waiting for the Rays to tie the game before calling it quits for the night. There has been quite a few questionable calls by the empires.

TilltheEnd
10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
the phillies are winning the world series!! I think they should finish the game that way there are no stipulations on how/why they won

Master LTR450
10-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Phillies Screwed?????? NO WAY the game should have been called prior to even going into the 4th inning that way it would be a start over from the begining but whatever. The game no matter what should not have been called a victory to the phillies if it was to end when the phillies were up 2-1, that wouldnt be a real win. But I dont understand why everyone is down on the Phils we are the team that is up 3-1 going into game 5 bottom of the 6th with what alot of people call the best bullpen in the league!!! Long story short the PHILS WILL BE THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS OF 2008!!!!!!! :blah: