PDA

View Full Version : xc pipe choices

brandonpeake
10-27-2008, 11:23 PM
I got a 250R with a fully built ESR motor with powervalve, it has an fmf pipe on it now, i got an adjustable LRD also
the guy i got it from said it was a pain to ride in the woods with the lrd it came on too hard, so he liked the fmf better but i was thinking about trying an esr since they built the motor or a mid range paul turner,
any suggestions out there? im looking for mid i plan on riding some trails and some mx, I wont be racing this motor yet, I use the 450 for that but i ve decided to build a laeger bike but then i plan on using it more for mx and play riding so i still want mid range, so any suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

regg187
10-28-2008, 08:05 AM
I've got a Paul Turner Mid- Race and unless it is tight woods the pipe would be ok, but i think there are better chioces still. For Mx yes abosolutely, but being a PV motor, what is the displacment? If its a 310 or 330 why not look for a big bore pipe that is low or mid?

deathman53
10-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I'd get a paul turner type 6, I have one and its great for low-mid.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
ESR's TRX6 or the CT Racing midrange MX, but realy, it depend's on if the cylinder porting's if its going to match either pipe.
Sound's like, by what the other guy's saying, the cylinder porting may be to high for the type of riding your wanting to use the bike for.
Neil