PDA

View Full Version : My little monster likes his new Cobra

mecheech
10-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Found a deal on a very slightly used 2008 Cobra and couldn't pass it up. Now just need to
get my boy some practice time to get used to the difference between the Cobra and his
DRR 50 that he has raced the last year.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/jakiesdad/Scary.jpg

heathmxracing
10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Great!! He is going to love it!! My kids rode DRR's and when they switched over to the Cobras I could really tell that they were much more comfortable on them. It shouldn't take him too long to adjust. Once he relizies that he can actually jump without getting his teeth jarred out of his mouth... Look out!!!

A few things that help, especially younger riders, is to add an anti-vibe steering stem, Flexx bars, and steering staiblizer. If yours has the stock radiator you may also want to consider upgrading to a larger aftermarket radiator.

If you have any questions just ask.

mecheech
10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanxs, yeah I was thinking about getting the flex-bars here soon.
This Sat. is the last race for our outdoor season and I was gonna let him run practice with the Cobra then decide if he will race it in the 70cc class. They frown upon Cobra's in the 50 class around here, which I completely understand.

A few questions being a newbee, what tranny oil can I run other then the Cobra milk? I have heard change it after every race day and also its ok to fill it up to 12ounces but not more.
And will Amsoil 2-stroke mix at 44:1 be ok, thats what we ran our DRR at.

Thanxs in advance for any advice.

yfz450bb07
10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Since your running in the A class no one should say anything about the new bike.. If Chase Higgins(611) is there talk to his dad Ryan he can share all kinds of secrets..
As far as oil I have been running Castrol ATF import, its the stuff made for the honda,nissan,and toyota's. Its thinner then the standard stuff and has worked great in Matt's bike. I usually put 11 oz in but by time you get the bolt back in it, some drips out anyways.

mecheech
10-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Actually I was gonna try to hit U up for secrets on Matts bike after that Holeshot at Woodland!Great Job!

I am still up in the air if we will try to head down that way for Woodland and Clark County.

We really like Oakwood but also like trying something new sometimes.
I was planning on letting Jake run the 50-A on his DRR and then the 70-B on the Cobra. Would he still be able to do that with the class structure at Woodland?

yfz450bb07
11-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks but that was all him..

As far as woodland goes the 50-60 class is really the pee-wee class. If you want to run a 2nd class just run the 90 am like Missy did.