PDA

View Full Version : all these 400ex mods?!? true?!?

stuntin andy
10-27-2008, 05:27 PM
im wondering..... so ive seen all thede 400ex mods you can put on a 300ex... i was wondering like if u put them on that they work perfect?!?!.... like i can just take a 400ex carb put it on my bike and run it?!? and the a arms and shocks wouldent need a shock mount or any thing?

graham300ex
10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
The carb will fit but you have to stretch the boot, a hairdryer works good for that. You may have to rejet depending on your mods. The a arms are a direct bolt on but if u put 400ex shocks on which i reccomend you will need a shock relocator and yes everything bolts right up. You also need 400ex tie rods.

stuntin andy
10-28-2008, 05:11 AM
ive got a fmf pipe and a air filter... would i need to re jet it?

graham300ex
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
to get the full advantage of those mods yes i would. I also would reccomend going to a 40 or so on ur pilot jet. It will start a lot easier. For mid range I woul probably raise the needle one click and for wide open throttle yes re jeting would be best. I'm not sure what jet you would need but thats for you to experiment haha:)

dbc112
10-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by graham300ex
The carb will fit but you have to stretch the boot, a hairdryer works good for that. You may have to rejet depending on your mods. The a arms are a direct bolt on but if u put 400ex shocks on which i reccomend you will need a shock relocator and yes everything bolts right up. You also need 400ex tie rods.

I am getting ready to install 400ex a-arms, diamondJ wide kit, and shock relo with ltz400 fronts.

What about removing wheel hubs? Anything special?

What about camber adjustment? Have no idea what this is but I know its very important.

I ride leasure, mostly trails, not any race (yet).

graham300ex
11-02-2008, 06:00 PM
removing hubs from the a arms can be a pain in the ***** but DONT hit on the ends with a hammer. Use a block of wood and a hammer. For your riding you'll want ur wheels probably toed in a little maybe half an inch. Camber is the wheels angle like this / if that were a wheel it would be cambered out. you want the wheels cambered out slightly and evenly on both sides. If you can't adjust camber normally it should be ok. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong but that should be all ya need