PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunters

Punk'd
10-27-2008, 03:28 PM
What does everyone use for lures? I was looking into this "Buck Bomb" spray stuff.

Just wondering what everyone out there uses (if anything at all)

450r ride red
10-27-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.tinks69.com/products.php?section=1

here you go man (USE CORN)

Pappy
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Tinks 69 works well

The buck Bomb stuff is great but doesnt last long. I have(had) 24 cans of every scent buck bomb makes that they gave me to evaluate....jury still out but seems to work ok as far as the deer go

Punk'd
10-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah I prolly won't be using the buck bomb stuff, but I always put corn out and pour some of that buck jam stuff everywhere.

I think I'm going to try some doe urine this year.

FRESHY21
10-28-2008, 12:35 AM
i also use buck bomb, and sum plugs ont he tree with sum good old urine.

ben300
10-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Doc's.......stuff works amazing....each bottle is from one deer and one deer alone...

had good success with it

redlineranger
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
tinks 69 only works in alabama [or at least in my hunting years] in the last 3 weeks of january which is the rut. if someone can tell me anything that works good early in season i'd appreciate it

any other time, the good ol yeller "CORN" is the bet to go with. once they find it they will keep coming back, and i swear i think they can talk to each other cause each night on the ol camera more and more are there. i also pour the buck jam everywhere and they love it. on stumps, on the ground, mixed in with their corn.

but thats just what i do.

i dont want to jack your thread but maybe you or someone else can help me. does anyone know any good grunting and rattling techniques for pre-rut and just early season in general.

Pappy
10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Rattling has more to do with the buck to doe ratio in your area then it does with any technique. Ive had luck with it at times, but not so much that I can say it works for me, however at my place, we have a good buck to do ratio and they respond better then other places I hunt.

I do believe a team effort produces results though. I have rattled in more bucks when I did the rattling for another hunter.....but I believe those results are related 100% to the fact that the hunter was able to see the deer as I always positioned them downwind and 50 to 75 yards from me. Our group has come to the conclusion it is more of a curosity thing around here then a dominance issue and the deer hang up before coming into bow range. (Our peak rut occurs before rifle season, another big factor if your trying to rattle during the actual breeding or post rut stage)

stuntin andy
10-29-2008, 12:53 PM
im not positive how to spell it but there is this stuff calles comere deer ow somehting... get the gooey kind in apple they love it (oon top of corn)

Pappy
10-29-2008, 12:59 PM
c'mere deer

it does work, attracts deer but i dont think it will pull them in all on its own. i used the spray and the powder...the spray was put on some brush and they ate the brush down to nothing. the powder wasnt as effective.

and man its pricey:p

10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
c'mere deer

it does work, attracts deer but i dont think it will pull them in all on its own. i used the spray and the powder...the spray was put on some brush and they ate the brush down to nothing. the powder wasnt as effective.

and man its pricey:p

ok absolute best is white oak acorns then red oak then corn then salt blocks the ur black cocaine etc.! i shot my biggest yet of corn always put out corn when the acorns stop falling and i guareenteu it will be your best spot