PDA

View Full Version : Best mud and snow tires

THORrider350
10-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Thinking about putting my razrs away for the upcoming mud and snow this winter... Any suggestions on what a great mud tire is? thinking about 21's or 22's

Dr89
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
i'd get the new knarly's, xc's i think? 21" is the smallest they come, they're supposed to be sweeeet for mud and such. i saw some pics somewhere of a guy blasting through some nasty stuff, plus they're cheap.

but if you can find realtors anywhere those things are amazing for mud and snow...thats what i'd get, used to have a set on my warrior way back when and they hook up when it seems there should be nothing even there to hook up too

then of course theres mudsharks, and dirt devils seem to work good...

BrettOaktree
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
if u want a 22 id go with the maxxis all traks, my dad has a set and they hook up good in the snow and then if u want a 21 u could get a mudshark

Legal250R
10-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Try a set of GBC Afterburns. They come in 20(r)/21(f) and 22(r) /23(f). For your purposes, try the taller tires. I used the 20/21's and they are a little shorter than a comparable size Razr or Holeshot.

They are a 6 ply radial that look a little like the old Spidertraks. The tires are amazing in all the types of terrain in which I have raced them. I haven't had them in deep soupy mud. I have raced them on wet hard pack and slick rock and they really hook up. I liked them some well that I got a second set for my second quad.