PDA

View Full Version : New to Drr

yfz27
10-26-2008, 09:14 PM
I picked up a used 2008 Drx 90 Ltd for my son yesterday and have a few questions. First, Is there a shop manual available for these quads? The little "owners manual" doesn't tell you much. I also noticed the chain was VERY tight with the quad just sitting on the ground but with my son on it seems to be fine. Is this normal? I've read of swingarm issues on these quads. I have the round tube type and was wondering where I should look to see if its bent. Something looks out of alignment with the axle and swingarm. Any info would be great. Thanks

Logan #34's Dad
10-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the family! As far as the owners manual, You won't need it. There is far more info right here in the forums. You might want to loosen the chain just a little - If it is tight while sitting then when he starts flying through the air it may only get a little tighter and causing premature wear. The swingarm should be covered under a recall type of thing I think. Make contact with Gary (bulldogfallon) and see what he can do. It will bend near the shock mount.
The rear alignment is wierd looking from the rear compared to regular quads. The engine is cocked off to one side so the swingarm is cocked off too match up. If the chain does not pop off it is probably ok. You could check the holes that the large swingarm bolt goes through to make sure they are not ovaled out.
Hope that helps

3400ben
10-27-2008, 07:41 PM
If you find out about a recall please post it. We bought two 08's one has a round swing arm the other has a square one.

Logan #34's Dad
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't know that it is an actual "recall" BUT it is my understanding that DRR is willing to "fix" the problem. THAT'S WHY LOGAN RIDES DRR! If the quad is just a yard quad or does not have a very aggressive rider, the round swinger will be okay. IMO.

3400ben
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Help me out what is IMO

Logan #34's Dad
10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
LOL!!!! I (in) M (my) O (opinion). Not a text-er eh?

mfr440
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
...If the quad is just a yard quad or does not have a very aggressive rider, the round swinger will be okay. IMO. QUOTE]

Ben, you're in trouble, IMO! LOL! :D :devil:

yfz27
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks. looking at the quad from the rear, the axle looks crooked. The right rear tire is closer to the front tire than the left rear tire is by 1 1/4". I'm going to call Les at Extreme mini quads NW in the morning. Anyways crooked or not this thing rips i'm very glad I went with Drr.

SMS
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
If the swing arm is made from round tube down sides, I can get you a new one for free as long as a swing arm has not been written off to the serial number alread. If not we have swing arms in stock cheap to fancy I'm currently working on a round tube setup for the drr. It should be ready for public in the next few months. We are trying work with a few different ratios to see what works best we have been trying to improve on our current swing arm. It works ok, but their are better ratios and legths of shocks that overall give more travel at the wheel with a longer shock wich is easier to tune and alot less stress is put on the shock becuase you do not have to run high spring rates.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 3400ben
If you find out about a recall please post it. We bought two 08's one has a round swing arm the other has a square one.

There is not a recall, but you should have your dealer contact DRR to see if they will do anything for you.

DRR warranty requires the quads to be registered within a weeks from the date of purchase.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by yfz27
Thanks. looking at the quad from the rear, the axle looks crooked. The right rear tire is closer to the front tire than the left rear tire is by 1 1/4". I'm going to call Les at Extreme mini quads NW in the morning. Anyways crooked or not this thing rips i'm very glad I went with Drr.

That is the way they are made...

bulldogfallon
10-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by yfz27
First, Is there a shop manual available for these quads?

Here is a link to the generic service manual...

http://p4.hostingprod.com/@gforcepowersports.com/files/Service_manualDRX.pdf

yfz27
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Is the swingarm replacement limited to original owners or not. I guess if the rear end is made that way then the swingarm is probably not bent and is fine. For now at least as this quad will be raced and not a "yard quad".

SMS
10-27-2008, 10:43 PM
is the swing arm round tube or square tube on the side or post pic.

yfz27
10-27-2008, 11:06 PM
round tube

bulldogfallon
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Swingarms are not neccesarily a warranty item...handled on a case by case situation..

But drr is generally known for doing the right thing which is why many pick them over other brands.

Let me know if u need my assistance

3400ben
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
LOL!!!! I (in) M (my) O (opinion). Not a text-er eh?

No-I'll write that one down....

yfz27
10-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I have a new square tube swingarm on the way from Les and also a ZTR frame saver. Thanks for your opinions and help

SMS
10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
sweet