PDA

View Full Version : carb question

Ruby Soho
10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
lets start off with, im stumped.

so on my drz110, the thing WILL NOT idle. i can turn the idle screw all the way in, and it will idle past half throttle (yes that high) but anything below it idles for a few seconds then will die unless i give it gas. this started happening after i added an exhaust, filter, clutch (took some weight off the crank).

i do know that one of my manifold bolts are stripped and it could very well be a vacuum leak, BUT its been stripped since before i owned it, and before i put on all those parts it idled perfect.

so of course it has to be jetting, or atleast thats partially the problem.

i went ahead and bough a bigger main and pilot, and a smaller main incase. stock is 38 pilot/80 main. so i started out with the 40 pilot i bought and the 80 main remained. still no luck. it will not idle, and will not kickstart. but it bump starts with easy, i know it wont kick start because its all ****ed up below half throttle. i plan on leaving my main cause thats pretty good, may go up a size though.

anyways, anyone have any ideas? im stumped.. could a vacuum leak cause this? or is it just my A/F out of whack + to small of a pilot?

either way i got a 24mm carb to go on that i'll try to set up and hopefully get going.. im tired of it not idling