PDA

View Full Version : A-arm shock combo for trail riding?

CrewCab
10-26-2008, 08:18 AM
I am trying to decide on a setup that would be best for trail riding. I dont do any MX just mostly trails/XC type riding. I was thinking of the Ishock 5500 kit but I dont want too long of A-arms because of tight trails, dont want to grab a tree because of a too long extended A-arm so I was thinking +1 or +2 max. What do you guys suggest?

BlaineKaiser450
10-26-2008, 09:01 AM
maybe Axis or Fox shocks with SMC +1 Max Ground Clearence A-Arms

10-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I actually like stock only because you hit a stump or something and bend your a-arm its much cheaper to replace a stock a-arm. If you want it wider get +1 and the 450r front shocks rebuilt with the rear by someone should be plenty of shock for trail riding.

#22blaster240
10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
get th i shock kit i got one and love it. just run 4-1 wheels

CrewCab
10-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I actually like stock only because you hit a stump or something and bend your a-arm its much cheaper to replace a stock a-arm. If you want it wider get +1 and the 450r front shocks rebuilt with the rear by someone should be plenty of shock for trail riding.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Fox, you and I ride at the same place so I know you know the type of trails I ride. So I do agree with you about the A-Arms and much cheaper to replace stock ones. I think I may just get the 450r shocks and see how that works before going to the next step.

10-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by CrewCab
Thanks for the replies guys.
Fox, you and I ride at the same place so I know you know the type of trails I ride. So I do agree with you about the A-Arms and much cheaper to replace stock ones. I think I may just get the 450r shocks and see how that works before going to the next step.

wow I didnt even notice. Yeah Croom there are some tight spots. I thought about going wider but it would slow me down and whn a-arms get beat I rather replace a stock one. I lvoe the 450r front shocks. Tune all your shocks and you can get a pretty good ride. I can still bottom out my shocks and they limit me because when i find a jump i wanna go big butmy shocks dont. Still the 450r fronts will save you. Ever go off a jump and land front end 1st? Stock shocks if that happen I was almost sure I was getting hurt. 450r shocks I tense up then realize i'm fine and just ride away. They take the whoops much better because you can slam the whoops and you wont bottom out the front like the stock 400ex shocks do. I'm probally going riding this weekend at Croom if you get out there. Theres a lot in the Tampa area that get together and ride. Go to tampabayridindirty.com great group of people.

CrewCab
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Cool man, I signed up over there. I have been looking for people to ride with. Im planning on going out there on Sat. I usually park in the back dont care for the pit too much.

10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by CrewCab
Cool man, I signed up over there. I have been looking for people to ride with. Im planning on going out there on Sat. I usually park in the back dont care for the pit too much.

I used to always park in the pit. Then I loved the back. and now i'm a pit junkie cause I love the jumps that i can find. I'm fine parking where ever because I ride around the whole place anyways. what time will you be heading out there?

CrewCab
10-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I used to always park in the pit. Then I loved the back. and now i'm a pit junkie cause I love the jumps that i can find. I'm fine parking where ever because I ride around the whole place anyways. what time will you be heading out there?

I will probably head out there early morning. I havent registered yet since the new stickers came out so I still need to do that at the gate. Hope to be out there by 8-9am by the latest.