PDA

View Full Version : Davys Mk 70 Build Gettin Started

DAVYS DAD
10-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Whats up guys late nite yesterday I was over at RB's shop till
1:00 am hes got the motor together:eek2: .I stripped down the DRX and started putting the DC a-arms and swingarm on
set up might be tricky I have no directions any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ill keep u all informed on progress
with pictures and some DYNO RUNS:D . ITS GONNA BE A LONG DAY
but im sure will have the motor in and get it on the DYNO 2day
after a couple HUNDRED RUNS will get it tuned in LOL
BETTER get going lots of work 2 do

DAVY WOOBDURY#72
MICHIGAN 50 limited stock champ 07and08

NICK WOODBURY#22 up and comming

BIG THANKS 2
RB RACING FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME!!

DAVYS DAD
10-26-2008, 05:56 PM
this quad building is alot of work!!!
i thought it was bang bang bang done :confused: MAN WAS I WRONG:confused: a-arm adjustment, brake lines, rear foot brake, bleeding brakes:blah: then theres the pipe:grr: cutting, welding, making it fit right at least RB has the motor in and running. Although it's in a different bike. If I have time tomorrow I'll take pics and try and post them.dyno runs soon later guys

DAVY WOODBURY#72
Michigan 50 limited stock champ 07and08
THANKS 2 RB RACING for helping me out

machwon
10-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Ok, here's the first run. We took a stock 07 DRR 50 and pulled the motor. We added a 12mm pin crank, an MK70 liquid cylinder and a MK Pro Pipe. An Analog PVL was also used.

This has been a quick assembly with no tuning time. We used a completely stock 50 clutch and the stock 21mm OKO carb.

It averaged 10.2 HP at the rear and 5.1 ft-lbs of torque.

DAVYS DAD
10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
whats up guys still no photos but ill try 2 get some on here soon
how about the dyno#s Im PUMPED :macho

DAVY WOODBURY
Michigan 50 limited stock champ 07and08
NICK WOODBURY up and comming
BIG THANKS TO RB_RACEING for HOOKIN ME UP

SMS
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
looks to be right on from what I have seen on the dyno. I do have a arm instruction sheets if you need them send me a pm with your email and I will email you a copy of them.

DAVYS DAD
10-29-2008, 07:07 PM
got the pipe on today a little cut and some welding rod not to bad:D
jug swap tomorrow some jetting other odds and ends then off to freelin mx 4 the weekend:macho Davy will run his 50 drr limited one last time and his MK 70 for the first time. Ill take lap times 2 see if hes faster on the MK.:confused:

LATER

DAVY WOODBURY#72
michigan 50 limited champ 07and08

THANKS to RB-RACING & TRICKS BY HICKS

WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!!!

THANKS 4 THE HP RB

hotquads1
10-30-2008, 08:35 AM
what are you swapping the jug too ?
marc

DAVYS DAD
10-30-2008, 02:11 PM
im just gonna but a new one on that RB tweaked a little
the other jug is a used one. i would rather have a new one
on 4 peace of mind. the used one is pretty whooped and a little leaky?!?!! :grr: well back out to work on her RACING THIS WEEKEND LATER

DAVY WOODBURY#72
MICHIGAN 50 LIMITED CHAMP 07AND08

THANKS TO RB-RACING&TRICKS BY HICKS

DAVYS DAD
11-02-2008, 12:55 PM
i jusy got from freelin mx what a great weekend i didnt take Davys 50 limited just the MK in a stock 07lc drx manis it fast!
no other 70s just davy so i talked the track into letting him run with the 90 intermidiate! i didnt take any 50 or 70 lap times but i know he is way faster on the MK how do i know Davy got 2nd in moto 1 out of 9 kids and 3rd in moto 2!!! not bad for a 7 year old on a 70 in the 90 class racing 10 and 11 year old kids lol Im very proud of him he rode his butt off. i guess will run indoors this winter snow soon. Maybe DAVY can run a few races on the ice.
GOTTA KEEP HIM RIDING
later guys

DAVY WOODBURY#72
Michigan 50 limited champ 07 and 08

MUCH THANKS TO RB-RACING and TRICKS BY HICKS
for making it happen

JAG Motosports
11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
[B]im just gonna but a new one on that RB tweaked a little
the other jug is a used one. i would rather have a new one
on 4 peace of mind. the used one is pretty whooped and a little leaky?!?!! :grr: well back out to work on her RACING THIS WEEKEND LATER

Sent you a PM

DAVYS DAD
11-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Here are a few pics of the quad in its making.

DAVYS DAD
11-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Here's another.

DAVYS DAD
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Another.

DAVYS DAD
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
New graphics.

DAVYS DAD
11-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Front shot of graphics.

hotquads1
11-25-2008, 10:13 AM
A set of XFR nerfs and blue nets would look really good on that one.
marc

DAVYS DAD
11-25-2008, 04:18 PM
nerfs are on the way, i hope, the ones that came were 4 a 250 raptor???:confused: :grr: im sure the RIGHT ONES WILL BE HERE SOON:huh :D THEN ALL I WILL NEED IS A WARM PLACE 2 RIDE.

LATER

DAVY WOODBURY#72
michigan 50 limited champ 07 and 08

THANKS TO RB-RACING FOR ALL THE HELP

JIM GRACE
11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
thumbs up on the blue wheel's:D brandon noticed the fox
shox first,of course.lol. and i hear ya on the warmer weather
i am sure we are gonna freeze this weekend. but who cares it's gonna be a long winter..

zach R 7x
11-30-2008, 07:43 AM
DAVEYS DAD, have you given any thought to coming to summit indoors in ohio? first race is in beg. of jan . drt18 will also be there with his new mk [w/ sms pipe]kit drr , his son also won the cra 50 cc class and just turned turned 7 and has to move up to the 70 class. the classes at summit are real competitive and get great numbers. it really breaks up the bordum of winter!

cool graphics, love the rims , great looking quad!

11-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
Front shot of graphics. now thats a good looking quad keep it up DAVYS DAD AND RB GOOD LUCK in 2009 seson sounds like your going to have a very fast quad. cant wit to see it with nerfs.

quadscrib
11-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Niice Dave! I usually get to the last second before I prepare.
I still havent decided on wether Im modding Olivers 50 or handing that down and starting Ollie out with a stock 70.
Dave what series you planning on racing? GLMX or District 14?

DAVYS DAD
11-30-2008, 06:11 PM
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS IT PUMPS MY KID (and me) UP.
NOW HE WANTS TO GO TO OHIO AND CHECK OUT THE INDOORS
WHERE IS THE TRACK AND DO THEY HAVE PRACTICE?

QUADSCRIB,
IM NOT SURE WHERE WE WILL RUN BOTH I GUESS IM GONNA TRY TO RUN AS MANY NATS AS I CAN. ILL BE GOING TO X-TREAM DOME SOON MAYBE WE CAN GET A FEW RACERS TO GO DAVY NEEDS THE PRACTICE GIVE ME A CALL

LATER

DAVY WOODBURY#72
MICHIGAN 5O LIMITED CHAMP 07 AND 08
NICK WOODBURY#22 UP AND COMMING

THANKS TO RB-RACING AND TRICKS BY HICKS
WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

zach R 7x
12-01-2008, 05:00 AM
the first race is in the beg. of jan. not possitive on dates but you can go to there website racecra.org or google competition riders of america. they have practice on thurs. not sure how they run it ,we have never ran the practice day . but you will have practice everyday before you race also. the track is inside of summit county fair grounds in the city of tallmadge[around cleveland/akron area]. i live around sandusky oh,[cedar pt] and i take oh. turnpike east to rt 8 to howe ave exit , it takes me about 1 hr 25 min. hope you can make it if you enjoy racing you will not be disapointed.

DAVYS DAD
12-07-2008, 10:58 AM
NOT SURE WHAT RACE WELL HIT BUT WE WILL COME I WOULD LIKE DAVY TO GET A LITTLE PRACTICE IN DOWN THERE DO ALL YOU GUYS GET TOGETHER AND PRACTICE IF SO MAYBE WE COULD COME DOWN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND CHECK IT OUT. I WAS ALSO WONDERING WHAT CLASSES HE COULD RUN DAVY WILL BE 8 ON 8-17-09. DO THE COBRAS RUN WITH THE CVT OR WITH COBRAS? COULD DAVY RACE HIS DIRT BIKE THERE? HOW MANY QUADS SHOW UP IN THE 70 CLASS?

LATER
DAVY WOODBURY#72
MICHIGAN LIMITED 50 CHAMP 07 AND 08

12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
the age goes by the age of Jan 1st of 2009 if he is not 8 he will have to run in the 70 class i would say if they go off of ama rules. IMO just thought I would try to help thanks Toby

zach R 7x
12-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Daveys dad, davey can run the 70 class [jr mini quad] the ages are i do believe are 7-10. if you are going to come and race sat. is the best race ,but you have to qualify [start 8 on a gate] sat . morn. we have raced there for the last 2-3 yrs. and the #'s are usually the best on fri. or sat.fri you do not have to qualify they just run one pract. session then they will break the kids up and run two seperate motos. as for practice ,we have never gone to open practice on thurs . we are going this year as i am trying to get zach as much seat time as possible. i was told that minis get as much time as everyone else ,and they are on track by themselves.there are alot of 7-8 yr old kids in that class so don't be fooled by the age group.most of the older kids such as my son zach had to move up this season.and yes he can run his dirt bike there,and i have only seen a couple of cobras there and they ran the 90 class. look me up when you get there my son is on 08 blue apex #7x in the 90 class. hope you can make it .

DAVYS DAD
12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
yea it looks like the race is on 1-09-09 pretty sure we will be there my bud and his kid may come too. i hope you guys take it easy on us lol should be a good time we are looking forward to it.
ITS DAVY NOT DAVEY THERE IS ANOTHER DAVEYS DAD ON HERE
later

DAVY WOODBURY#72
MICHIGAN LIMITED 50 CHAMP 07 AND 08

FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME:devil:

zach R 7x
12-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry.

DAVYS DAD
12-25-2008, 01:36 PM
GOT THE NERFS AND BUMPER ON NOW I NEED TO PUT THE REAR AXLE IN WILL TRY TO POST SOME PICS LATER.

LATER