PDA

View Full Version : We Are!!!!! Penn State!!!!!!

jcv400ex
10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Take that you sweater vest wearing SOB!!!!!!!!!! Pasadena, here we come!!!!

P_____S_____U PSU!!!!!!!!:macho :eek:

How many Pabst you killin Woodsman?!

Ralph
10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Heading Downtown Right now :D

Ralph
10-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Heading Downtown Right now :D

:eek2:

Ralph
10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
:) I was just sitting on the sidelines with my gf and i still have the taste of pepper spray in my mouth.

As far as damag i only saw one lightpost down so thats pretty good.

biker
10-26-2008, 03:54 AM
after 38 years ole Joe deserve a win in Columbus before he croaks!:D

cr250sx
10-26-2008, 06:23 AM
What a game!!!! Go State!!! :macho

jcv400ex
10-26-2008, 06:25 AM
holy **** Ralph! That looks nuts!!!!!

warriorxcr1
10-26-2008, 09:54 AM
hell of a game!

Scro
10-26-2008, 10:18 AM
ROLL TIDE ROLL!:devil:

ALAMX37
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Dont know how to put this but their Penn St. is the only decent team in conference. Props on beating OSU I hate them.

P.S. - You will get a taste of SEC I gurantee.

Sjorge450R
10-26-2008, 12:33 PM
nice pics, but that is nothing.

Come down to temple when the phillies win the world series. When they won the NLCS police shut down a good 1/2 mile of broad street between Temple and city hall. I cant wait too see what happens and how large the riots are when they win the series......should find out in a few days.

Tommy 17
10-26-2008, 12:53 PM
My eyes are still burning from the mace!!! haha god that stuff hurts... Last night was nuts up here... I've never seen anything like it...

National Championship here we come!

Ralph
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Some pictures and video for those interested. http://www.collegian.psu.edu/multimedia/

biker
10-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
My eyes are still burning from the mace!!! haha god that stuff hurts... Last night was nuts up here... I've never seen anything like it...

National Championship here we come!

dont count your eggs before there hatched! weve been there and been bit twice! you dont have any better program this year than we have had in the past!:rolleyes:

quadracer707
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by biker
dont count your eggs before there hatched! weve been there and been bit twice! you dont have any better program this year than we have had in the past!:rolleyes:

But its better then yours:blah: :macho

biker
10-26-2008, 06:21 PM
for once!:blah:

TilltheEnd
10-26-2008, 06:30 PM
nice win..miss those days of college

jcv400ex
10-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by biker

Ummm, NO! You guys really never had the high caliber offense we have this year, and you MAY have had half as good as a defense that we have this year.....

:rolleyes:

cr250sx
10-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Ummm, NO! You guys really never had the high caliber offense we have this year, and you MAY have had half as good as a defense that we have this year.....

:rolleyes:

You forgot to remind him that we beat them with a back up quaterback! :D :macho

You would think that after 30 years of not winning at the "horseshoe" the ohio guys would let us gloat a lil' lol :huh

ben300
10-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by cr250sx

You would think that after 30 years of not winning at the "horseshoe" the ohio guys would let us gloat a lil' lol :huh

no they just can't let it go, that they only loose big games. two national championships in a row, loss to us 4 years ago that cost them the national championship, USC this year, and now saturday night...

that was freaking awesome!!!!!

...maybe if they would have cover the horseshoe with a sweater vest...things would have been different

woodsman250r
10-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Take that you sweater vest wearing SOB!!!!!!!!!! Pasadena, here we come!!!!

P_____S_____U PSU!!!!!!!!:macho :eek:

How many Pabst you killin Woodsman?!

I'll give it to Penn State...they are a damn good team this year! And since the Bucks won't be in the champ. game this year, I am pulling for Penn State. I HATE the big 12 and SEC and pray to God that Penn State can bring home the title for the big ten! But take it all in this year for Penn State because next year you will be back to your old ways of getting your *****es handed to you by the Bucks. I think the future is Prior and the upcoming underclassmen for OSU, but we'll see what happens. In all fairness I like Joe Pa and really would like to see him win the N.C. before he is done. So from here on out I am pulling for PS to reach the N.C. and put a beat down on Bama or Texas! :macho

biker
10-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
I'll give it to Penn State...they are a damn good team this year! And since the Bucks won't be in the champ. game this year, I am pulling for Penn State. I HATE the big 12 and SEC and pray to God that Penn State can bring home the title for the big ten! But take it all in this year for Penn State because next year you will be back to your old ways of getting your *****es handed to you by the Bucks. I think the future is Prior and the upcoming underclassmen for OSU, but we'll see what happens. In all fairness I like Joe Pa and really would like to see him win the N.C. before he is done. So from here on out I am pulling for PS to reach the N.C. and put a beat down on Bama or Texas! :macho

Agree with ya 100% very impressive with 0 turnovers and penalties for the entire game! Joe is a great coach but he aint no Woody:blah: Good Game guys! i would have bet money that there would be a thread by the time i checked Sat. night and low and behold there it was! Figured Tommy would have been the thread starter but you beat him to it JCV:devil: Goodluck with the rest of the year!;)

jcv400ex
10-27-2008, 09:07 AM
lol, yeah Tommy, me and Woodsman usually battle it out every year.

I'm worried about this weekend. If Texas Tech beats Texas....could they jump penn state in ranking? If Texas tech, Penn state and Alabama all go undefeated, I bet we end up 3rd....:ermm:

I have a slim chance of getting the OSU game next year for tickets. There is 4 of us that split them.

woodsman250r
10-27-2008, 09:22 AM

I'm worried about this weekend. If Texas Tech beats Texas....could they jump penn state in ranking? If Texas tech, Penn state and Alabama all go undefeated, I bet we end up 3rd....:ermm:

I have a slim chance of getting the OSU game next year for tickets. There is 4 of us that split them.

Haha yea it is always fun to battle it out with the PSU fans, but when it comes down to it I pull for a big ten team. Except for that team up north. I always want them to loose!

I wouldn't worry too much about the Texas Tech, Texas game. I think Texas has a good enough defense to step up, and their offense will take over. Plus I want PSU to win the NC for the big ten, and OSU to get back to the rose bowl to get revenge on USC. Need to prove to people that the Big Ten is a good conference too!

eastcoastpro20
10-27-2008, 09:25 AM
first of all i give respect to penn state ya did a good job.
But with that being said no disrespect but ya are not a national championship team. The only reason ya won in columbus is because of a freshmen mistake (trying to break the qb sneak outside and fumbling). Im not sayin that ya got lucky or anything but ya are not a nc team. ya say ya have a more powerful offense then weve had in the past two years, but if i recall corecctly ya only scored 13 points thats not very powerful in my book, and dont say you won with you backup qb he came in for a very short drive to score its not like he played the whole game.
But with all that being said congrats and goodluck

coryatver
10-27-2008, 09:29 AM

If texas loses Penn State should be #1

jcv400ex
10-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes you're right we only scored 13 pts. If Clark hadn't gotten up dizzy and they would have loosened up on the reins some, we would have put up more. Look at how many points we've been putting up this year. And OSU knows our playbook like the back of ya'lls hands.

And believe me, come bowl time, you'll see that we can play with anyone. We have multiple offensive weapons and a heck of a defense to boot. And I'd love to see OSU whoop the **** out of USC....I can't stand Pete Carroll.

honda400ex68b
10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by cr250sx

here is something for you to gloat on

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=867979

if you read the complete article, lots of truth in what he is saying. and i also read that PS, according to NCAA strength of schedule, PS is 79th. here is the link to that too.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=868270

and by the way, i HATE PENN STATE. and live only an hour from State College. i think they are way overrated this year, again. read the articles and decide for yourself. thanks for reading, i feel better now. had to vent.:D

jcv400ex
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh please.....lemme guess, a Pitt fan? after they got romped this weekend?!

There isn't a team in college football that I'm afraid of, and that's the truth. Bring on anyone, we'll compete.

honda400ex68b
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh please.....lemme guess, a Pitt fan? after they got romped this weekend?!

There isn't a team in college football that I'm afraid of, and that's the truth. Bring on anyone, we'll compete.

I root for anybody But PS. i take it you did not read it? i would have liked for Coastal Carolina to have beat PS, that would have been a real laugher, tough team so they was. no team in college football your afraid of? i though paterno was coaching, not you?
thats another reason i HATE PENN STATE.

jcv400ex
10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex68b
I root for anybody But PS. i take it you did not read it? i would have liked for Coastal Carolina to have beat PS, that would have been a real laugher, tough team so they was. no team in college football your afraid of? i though paterno was coaching, not you?
thats another reason i HATE PENN STATE.

Leon may not be able to do it all......but Joe can! :macho

honda400ex68b
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Leon may not be able to do it all......but Joe can! :macho

and so will TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blah:

54warrior
10-27-2008, 12:17 PM

if you read the complete article, lots of truth in what he is saying. and i also read that PS, according to NCAA strength of schedule, PS is 79th. here is the link to that too.

and by the way, i HATE PENN STATE. and live only an hour from State College. i think they are way overrated this year, again. read the articles and decide for yourself. thanks for reading, i feel better now. had to vent.:D

Yeah, and Alabama's SOS is 76. What's your point. Sounds to me like the writer of the first article has a major hard on for ALL of the Big-Ten.

woodsman250r
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
and so will TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blah:

The only thing to come out of Texas are steers and queers, and that includes the Longhorn football team. Penn State will shut down Colt McCoy because we all know that a good defense in the Big 12 is non-existant. Big 12 is a joke, deal with it. Do you need reminded what happened to Oklahomo in their last two bowl games? Remember Boise State and WV? Also remember what happened to Texas last time they played a Big Ten team? And for the record I'm a diehard Bucks fan but I absolutly HATE hearing about Texas. So, for the rest of the year I'm pulling for PSU to crush them in the N.C. game! :devil:

honda400ex68b
10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Yeah, and Alabama's SOS is 76. What's your point. Sounds to me like the writer of the first article has a major hard on for ALL of the Big-Ten.

I did not say anything about Alabama, which is 3 points higher than pennstate's. my point is if they get to the national championship game, it was an easy road for them, which espn said the same thing, easy schedule. the writer is saying that the big-ten does not have anybody for the BCS. read it again, i dont want to repeat what he just wrote. and i guess we will have to see what comes out of texas, wont we? :devil: i do not follow college football much, i just check to see if pennstate gets beat and how bad. it has not happened this year, yet. wait until they play somebody, maybe they will play that powerhouse Coastal Carolina again.:D

jcv400ex
10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Exactly! Defense wins championships!

ALAMX37
10-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Big Ten = Easy Conference w/ no conference championship game.

Big 12 twice the conference the Big Ten is, look how many ranked teams sit in there. 5 maybe 6

Sec twice the conference, how many teams?

Penn St, played how many ranked opponents this year? Big 12 and SEC schools play one every other week.
Plus they have to play a conference championship. I am sorry but I have no respect for the Big 10, Penn St. is the only good football team in the conference this year. You guys will have to hope Bama or Texas looses, which is unlikely or you wont even see a National championship game.

jcv400ex
10-27-2008, 07:20 PM
I honestly think LSU will give Bama a run. Texas has to get past Texas Tech and Kansas...

And if ya'll knew how to play DEFENSE....then there would be a decent team in the big 12.....:o

jesseweaver
10-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
nice pics, but that is nothing.

Come down to temple when the phillies win the world series. When they won the NLCS police shut down a good 1/2 mile of broad street between Temple and city hall. I cant wait too see what happens and how large the riots are when they win the series......should find out in a few days.

YES! i was down tailgating with a bunch of people last night for game 4. that was a lot of fun, we set up a TV, sofas, had the grill going:macho that place was crazy, i loved driving home at 1:00 and people were just holding in their horn for a few minutes, it was rediculous, people were everywhere that place was jumping. i was gonna go again tonight but we decided not to cause the weather sucked and im glad we didnt go. i hope i get down there for the parade

coryatver
10-27-2008, 10:30 PM
big 10 not worthy of the championship game? Come on. Big 10 is real football not a whole bunch of rich pretty boys.

biker
10-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Haha yea it is always fun to battle it out with the PSU fans, but when it comes down to it I pull for a big ten team. Except for that team up north. I always want them to loose!

I wouldn't worry too much about the Texas Tech, Texas game. I think Texas has a good enough defense to step up, and their offense will take over. Plus I want PSU to win the NC for the big ten, and OSU to get back to the rose bowl to get revenge on USC. Need to prove to people that the Big Ten is a good conference too!

could'nt have said it better!:chinese: i'm tired of everone thinking the Big ten conference is a joke!

ALAMX37
10-28-2008, 05:21 PM
The big 10 never has more than two quality teams and doesn't have a conference championship.

Look at the SEC or Big 12, They could fill up half the top 25 but we beat and bang each other out of championships. I am sorry but the Big 10 to me is and always has been a joke. Ohio State couldn't dream of beating USC. Penn St. hasn't and won't play a decent team other than OSU in regular season play, yet they will be top BCS material.

jcv400ex
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
The big 10 never has more than two quality teams and doesn't have a conference championship.

Look at the SEC or Big 12, They could fill up half the top 25 but we beat and bang each other out of championships. I am sorry but the Big 10 to me is and always has been a joke. Ohio State couldn't dream of beating USC. Penn St. hasn't and won't play a decent team other than OSU in regular season play, yet they will be top BCS material.

Keep telling yourself that...:rolleyes:

ALAMX37
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Ok fine, well tell me this, when was the last time two big 10 teams had a one loss season. It happens every year for 2 or 3 SEC teams. Enough said.

woodsman250r
10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
When was the last time an SEC team scheduled a tough out of conference team??? Wait Georgia played Arizona State this year...they are a power house :rolleyes: I would love to see a team from the SEC come up here and play in late Nov. too. Let's see how good your speed is in 20 degree weather, snow, sleet, rain, ect. We are talking apples and oranges with the two conferences.

Tommy 17
10-29-2008, 04:07 PM
AHHH I was out in columbus yesterday with a Penn State hoodie on and man did people stare at me! haha

I'm not even gonna respond to some of these dumbass... I get way to worked up:p

Just send Florida, Texas, or any of the other big old so called TOP teams up to Beaver Stadium and see what happens:devil:

quadracer707
10-29-2008, 04:18 PM

Sounds like a Notre Dame fan, The Fight AMISH

quadracer707
10-29-2008, 04:32 PM
When was the last time an SEC team scheduled a tough out of conference team??? Wait Georgia played Arizona State this year...they are a power house :rolleyes: I would love to see a team from the SEC come up here and play in late Nov. too. Let's see how good your speed is in 20 degree weather, snow, sleet, rain, ect. We are talking apples and oranges with the two conferences.

Bingo now your talkin, cold weather will KILL them. How did Ken Dorsey do against Ohio St. Penn State against Miami PSU big underdogs, PSU always takes care of the Heisman trophy winners during a bowl game. Take the best SEC, Pac 10, Big East team & put them in the Big "10", do you think they will go underfeated??

Who beat the hell out of USC?????? For 4 quarters this year I rest my case

ALAMX37
10-29-2008, 05:53 PM
It is all good, I want each and every one of you to remember who said it when Penn St. gets beat stupid in their bowl game. No response needed just remember who told you it was coming. I pray you catch Florida, Bama, or Georgia.
Plus the only chance you have to go to a national championship is if Bama drops the SEC game. Good luck with that.

quadracer707
10-29-2008, 06:53 PM
It is all good, I want each and every one of you to remember who said it when Penn St. gets beat stupid in their bowl game. No response needed just remember who told you it was coming. I pray you catch Florida, Bama, or Georgia.
Plus the only chance you have to go to a national championship is if Bama drops the SEC game. Good luck with that.

DA we passed caught florida, georgia, werent they #1 at at the begiining of the year, and alabama, is ahead of us, if i remember correctly wasn't even ranked. So much for the polls, cause thats what gets you to the BCS.

WE ARE __________________ cheated again:D

ALAMX37
10-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Cheated? Strength of schedule has a huge influence on the BCS polls. That's why a one loss Florida or Georgia is more deserving than a we haven't played but one ranked team Penn St.

honda400ex68b
10-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
DA we passed caught florida, georgia, werent they #1 at at the begiining of the year, and alabama, is ahead of us, if i remember correctly wasn't even ranked. So much for the polls, cause thats what gets you to the BCS.

WE ARE __________________ cheated again:D

they played a few more ranked teams than PS did. read this article about the big ten.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-bcs102808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

paterno isnt as dumb as he looks, according to the article. smart scheduling on Pennstate's part, if you ask me and i am not a notre dame fan either, just anybody that beats pennstate. :D

Gray33
10-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Pa is goin to have a good year.

Phillys just won world series

And pen state has a shot at the national title!

eastcoastpro20
10-29-2008, 10:33 PM
i like how penn state wins ONE big game and barely at that ( dont get me wrong a win is a win i understand that) but now all of a sudden ya think ya can take on the world ya are def. overrated your offense is not that big of a powerhouse and you defense is mediocore the only reason ya look good is because ya havent played anybody except ohio state and oregon state if you count that as a good team.
My point is look back 2 years ago when ohio state went to the nc game to play florida, we played a cake schedule and looked ridiculously unbeatable (10x better than yas team looks) and look wat happend we got smashed. Just because you look goo against little teams doesnt mean you can do it against the big ones. I mean yas so called power house barely beat the #11 team in the country and i mean barely.
Im all for cheering for the big ten except for the team up north (michigan), but as of now i cant stand penn state ya having one good season has brought all kinds of ignorant *** fans out of the woodworks. Ya need to start lookin at your stats and thinkin before you type.
no disrespect to those fans who actually have common sense, and arent arrogant and cocky about winning one good game.

honda400ex68b
10-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
i like how penn state wins ONE big game and barely at that ( dont get me wrong a win is a win i understand that) but now all of a sudden ya think ya can take on the world ya are def. overrated your offense is not that big of a powerhouse and you defense is mediocore the only reason ya look good is because ya havent played anybody except ohio state and oregon state if you count that as a good team.
My point is look back 2 years ago when ohio state went to the nc game to play florida, we played a cake schedule and looked ridiculously unbeatable (10x better than yas team looks) and look wat happend we got smashed. Just because you look goo against little teams doesnt mean you can do it against the big ones. I mean yas so called power house barely beat the #11 team in the country and i mean barely.
Im all for cheering for the big ten except for the team up north (michigan), but as of now i cant stand penn state ya having one good season has brought all kinds of ignorant *** fans out of the woodworks. Ya need to start lookin at your stats and thinkin before you type.
no disrespect to those fans who actually have common sense, and arent arrogant and cocky about winning one good game.

very well said, and very true.:D

coryatver
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM

My point is look back 2 years ago when ohio state went to the nc game to play florida, we played a cake schedule and looked ridiculously unbeatable (10x better than yas team looks) and look wat happend we got smashed. Just because you look goo against little teams doesnt mean you can do it against the big ones.

Penn state isn't ohio state if Penn State gets in the championship game they will get the job done!

jcv400ex
10-30-2008, 07:01 AM

Man stick it up your ***! You wanna talk about arrogant and cocky football fans!? The ones I know are Buckeye fans! So yeah, maybe we do have a chip on our shoulder, but we're going to ride this year this year to the fullest. First time we've beaten Michigan in 9 years....first time we've won in Columbus since 1978....so yeah, we're going to gloat alittle.

woodsman250r
10-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Man stick it up your ***! You wanna talk about arrogant and cocky football fans!? The ones I know are Buckeye fans! So yeah, maybe we do have a chip on our shoulder, but we're going to ride this year this year to the fullest. First time we've beaten Michigan in 9 years....first time we've won in Columbus since 1978....so yeah, we're going to gloat alittle.

Hey now...can't all us Big Ten fans just get along haha? Lets go back to bashing on SEC teams and fans. And if we have time make fun of the Big 12 for thinking they are awesome, then getting waxed in every bowl game they play. Big 12 is like the NBA of college football. No defense what so ever and all offense.

jcv400ex
10-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Woodsman you excluded from my previous post! You've been a hoot over the years! :devil:

soonerdude77
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
And if we have time make fun of the Big 12 for thinking they are awesome, then getting waxed in every bowl game they play. Big 12 is like the NBA of college football. No defense what so ever and all offense.

That's not true, I'll admit my Sooners always seem to forget to show up for their big games but using them and saying that the Big 12 gets "waxed" in every bowl game is no more fair than using Ohio State's failures to label the entire Big 10.

Even though THE Ohio State does a pretty good job of representing how the Big 10's boring style of play stacks upwith the rest of the country.:devil:

In all honesty though I'll always give the Big 10 more credit than the Pac 10 though because at least they can turn out good teams from different schools year to year, not just the same overrated one.

jcv400ex
10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Last 3 years we've beaten Florida State, Tennessee and Texas A&M in bowl games....so we've proved ourselves out of the big 10.

Gray33
10-30-2008, 02:58 PM

Are you serious?

Look at osu they are beating non ranked teams by what 3 or 7 points a game. And barly winning. I mean osu has a similar scheudle to penn state and they are barly getting the job done against non ranked teams beating them by 3 or 7 points. Partially due to tressel because hes a dumb *** who is playing a freshmen who is one dimisonal over todd bockeman which lead the team to the national championship.

Alright, back on topic Penn state is smearing the non rank teams and look at the numbers they are puting up. I think they are pretty impressive. And i think they are one of the best teams in the nation.

my prediction is

National championship: Texas @ Penn State

honda400ex68b
10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
Are you serious?

Look at osu they are beating non ranked teams by what 3 or 7 points a game. And barly winning. I mean osu has a similar scheudle to penn state and they are barly getting the job done against non ranked teams beating them by 3 or 7 points. Partially due to tressel because hes a dumb *** who is playing a freshmen who is one dimisonal over todd bockeman which lead the team to the national championship.

Alright, back on topic Penn state is smearing the non rank teams and look at the numbers they are puting up. I think they are pretty impressive. And i think they are one of the best teams in the nation.

my prediction is

National championship: Texas @ Penn State

and osu only lost to pennstate by 7 points. and they are ranked #3? tell you anything? it does me.:D

Gray33
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
and osu only lost to pennstate by 7 points. and they are ranked #3? tell you anything? it does me.:D

And they also beat osu at osu. And penn state beat them with their 2nd string qb. And by the way it should have been 10 points but the psu kicker missed field goal.

Tommy 17
10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I just wanna see lil timmy teblows get smacked one time by a good big ten linebacker such as Dan connor, Posluszny, or Lee on a day when its 30 degrees outside:devil:

ben300
10-30-2008, 04:39 PM

dude i think you better go back and check the stats, penn state leads osu , before and after that game in ever faciable category, defense and offense combined....

we have a better qb,(rating) better rushing,( royster), and defense is light years better, that would be why osu didnt score a touch down at all...

we pretty much shut down bennie wells and kept pryor from running the ball..

and you cant logically make the argument that pennstate only beat osu by a hanful of points, especially when osu and their sweater vest wearing coaches have got the book on all of pennstates defensive and offensive plays.

i personally think that pennstate can stand with any team out there, sec, pac 10...it dont matter....we dont have some crazy 1000 yard a game quarter back, or some 200 ypg running back, but what we do have is a well rounded stellar offense that can putt together a wide variety of plays, and we have a knock out defense that can shut anyone down..

..on the bcs national championship level, any team can win, but i think pennstate deserves some serious credit, especially for being predicted to win only 7 games this season..

warriorxcr1
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
as big of a penn state fan as i am, i still fear the SEC....i am not here to start an argument with osu fans or anyone for that matter, but only to voice why i feel psu has a decent shot at making it to the title game.

we really cant talk smack because we have yet to face a team that is deep in true speed. ohio state is no where up to par with the athletes the sec puts out. the major difference i see between penn state/ohio state and an sec team, or team in the country for that matter is the discipline. any time a huge group of athletes are on a field, great things can happen and this is why the sec is so heavily respected. psu has tremendous athletes! just not as many as florida, or most importantly Alabama!

we have an extremely talented set of lines with a very good qb, and a workhorse minded backfield. the reason that penn state is undefeated is due to the discipline in the linebackers and secondary, in which the linebackers have the most to do with that. WE BEND BUT WE DO NOT BREAK. they are an extremely well rounded, verteran team, with disciplined athletes. it is this reason that i feel if they do make it to the national championship, they can pull the upset while ranked the underdog at #2.

I disagree with whoever said that if texas loses, psu should be number 1....penn state should in that case bump to 2 because bama is a force right now. If penn state does run the table the rest of the way, they will have a legit shot at taking this thing home but i disagree heavily that they are the "best" team in the nation.

the biggest test before that mark is michigan state. i am curious to see how the penn state defense will rise against running back javon ringer. that is the only real test left before, if they do happen to make it, national title game. he is the last extremely talented athlete penn state will face before they are against a whole squad of them in either texas or bama.

if one of the top two does happen to fall, look for penn state to pull the upset at number 2 in the national championship!

jcv400ex
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Sorry but Bama is not that good. I'm more concerned with Texas Tech, Georgia, Oklahoma.

I still don't understand why Texas Tech isn't 4th.....and how the heck did FSU get up to 15th????? And OSU only fell to 12th???? But Mizz is 14th?? Just doesn't make sense.

warriorxcr1
10-30-2008, 06:40 PM
i would be more concerned with usc floating at 5 than texas tech regardless of that loss

warriorxcr1
10-30-2008, 06:41 PM
and how is bama not that good? haha

eastcoastpro20
10-30-2008, 07:40 PM
BEN300
Again ya only put up 13 points and you think you have a great offense this is the same d usc put 35 up on
and congrats you stopped beanie i mean hell it aint like hes playin 85% and with a freshman center blockin haha
and wowww ya scored a td congrats cause everybody knows one touchdown wins a nc, and ya barely had to put a drive together to get that, not once did your so called well rounded offense put together a descent drive
and yea you stopped the run but how about the 226 yards passing ya gave up.
And you need to look at wat i said and get off you high horse jus cause your team looks well rounded in a easy schedule doesnt mean there gna be well rounded against the powerhouses
and ya lead us in every stat before and after that game geeeeez your an idiot look at yas schedule compared to ours
your one of those idiot penn state fans that jus needs to keep their opinions to ther self

eastcoastpro20
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
coryatver- YOU SOUND JUS LIKE US OHIO STAT FANS HAVE THE PAST 2 YEARS
gray33- how do you even compare ohio state schedule to penn states as far as ours bein weaker go look at the strength of schedule

jcv400ex
10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
The reason we only put up 13 pts is (God please don't strike me dead) OSU is coached well and knows how to prepare for Penn State and plays well at home. You think USC would have beat OSU as bad right now at the shoe? I bet it'd be a totally different game. You play different when you have the history that you do kicking our asses....versus some socal boys.

quadracer707
10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
BEN300
Again ya only put up 13 points and you think you have a great offense this is the same d usc put 35 up on
and congrats you stopped beanie i mean hell it aint like hes playin 85% and with a freshman center blockin haha
and wowww ya scored a td congrats cause everybody knows one touchdown wins a nc, and ya barely had to put a drive together to get that, not once did your so called well rounded offense put together a descent drive
And you need to look at wat i said and get off you high horse jus cause your team looks well rounded in a easy schedule doesnt mean there gna be well rounded against the powerhouses
and ya lead us in every stat before and after that game geeeeez your an idiot look at yas schedule compared to ours
your one of those idiot penn state fans that jus needs to keep their opinions to ther self

Dude you know how to spell??
East coastpro What?? Your giving me a headache reading your posts.

I ask you who the hell are you rooting for??? So we can se if you are a bandwagon jumper or truely have a team to root for!!

By the way who are your power houses, Texas Good offense but you have to score 40 cause you could give up 41, Usc beat OSU, big, but who do they play?? Pac 10 sucks,, oh wait oregan st. put a whooping on usc, & PSU did what to Oregan St.:D

ben300
10-31-2008, 08:50 AM
BEN300

ya what ever, and your one of those cry baby osu fans that needs to pull there heads out of their asses and wake up and smell the coffee.

and padded schedule..who in the world did you guys play that was hard..honestly who did osu play that was all that great other than usc, and you guys ddint do anythign agains them and you guys had three pretty close games agains un ranked apponents... ooo wow you guys killed ysu and michigan state, well ysu shouldnt be D1 anymore and michigan state i belive aint that great...so as far as im concerened, osu has just as padded of a schedule as anyone else....

and quite frankly im not gonna get off my high horse until the ride is over....so call it what you want....but psu > osu

eastcoastpro20
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
QUADRACER 707 : Dude you know how to spell??
East coastpro What?? Your giving me a headache reading your posts.

I ask you who the hell are you rooting for??? So we can se if you are a bandwagon jumper or truely have a team to root for!!

By the way who are your power houses, Texas Good offense but you have to score 40 cause you could give up 41, Usc beat OSU, big, but who do they play?? Pac 10 sucks,, oh wait oregan st. put a whooping on usc, & PSU did what to Oregan St.

ACTUALLY THE ONLY THING I REALLY SPELLED WRONG WAS YA CAUSE I WAS IN A HURRY SO GO GET THE DICK OUT OF YOUR *** AND LEARN TO READ.
AND ID LIKE TO SEE PENN STATE PLAY TEXAS TECH, FLORIDA, OKLAHOMA, AND TEXAS
YA WOULDNT STAND A CHANCE
OOOOPS MY BAD I PUT YA LET ME TRANSLATE THAT FOR YOU " YOU ALL"
O AND I AM A DIEHARD OHIO STATE FAN

BEN300: ya what ever, and your one of those cry baby osu fans that needs to pull there heads out of their asses and wake up and smell the coffee.

and padded schedule..who in the world did you guys play that was hard..honestly who did osu play that was all that great other than usc, and you guys ddint do anythign agains them and you guys had three pretty close games agains un ranked apponents... ooo wow you guys killed ysu and michigan state, well ysu shouldnt be D1 anymore and michigan state i belive aint that great...so as far as im concerened, osu has just as padded of a schedule as anyone else....

and quite frankly im not gonna get off my high horse until the ride is over....so call it what you want....but psu > osu

AGAIN GO LOOK AT THE STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE AND I GUESS YOU CAN GO EMAIL THE NCAA AND TELL THEM TO GET THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ASSES TOO HAHA
AND I LIKE HOW YOU DONT DEFEND THAT OFFENSE OR DEFENSE NOW THAT I BROUGHT OUT STATS I MEAN HELL IF THERE THAT GREAT YOU SHOULD BE BRINGIN STATS ALL DAY

eastcoastpro20
10-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Ben 300 watch out with the spelling this is on a completely serious note you need to watch how you spell beause if not the spelling police quadracer707 will get you and get ANGRY about it
lol

jcv400ex
10-31-2008, 10:09 AM
All I know is, that if it wasn't for Notre Dame.....Ohio State would be the most overated team in College Football! :macho

eastcoastpro20
10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
jcv400ex All I know is, that if it wasn't for Notre Dame.....Ohio State would be the most overated team in College Football!

That is your own personal opinion but i strongly disagree i mean we were overrated but i think #12 or #13 depending on what poll you look like is a pretty good spot

jcv400ex
10-31-2008, 10:22 AM
jcv400ex All I know is, that if it wasn't for Notre Dame.....Ohio State would be the most overated team in College Football!

That is your own personal opinion but i strongly disagree i mean we were overrated but i think #12 or #13 depending on what poll you look like is a pretty good spot

With two losses and being in the Big 10.....you shouldnt be in the top 20.....:rolleyes:

eastcoastpro20
10-31-2008, 10:25 AM
one loss came from #1 at the time usc at usc
The other one came from overrated but still #3 penn state who we almost beat i think we are placed just rite
your tellin me utah, tcu and boise state arent overrated
haha

jcv400ex
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
one loss came from #1 at the time usc at usc
The other one came from overrated but still #3 penn state who we almost beat i think we are placed just rite
your tellin me utah, tcu and boise state arent overrated
haha

And you NEVER scored a touchdown in your two losses either! Now that I look at it that way, you shouldn't be in the top 25....

ben300
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
QUADRACER 707 :

AGAIN GO LOOK AT THE STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE AND I GUESS YOU CAN GO EMAIL THE NCAA AND TELL THEM TO GET THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ASSES TOO HAHA
AND I LIKE HOW YOU DONT DEFEND THAT OFFENSE OR DEFENSE NOW THAT I BROUGHT OUT STATS I MEAN HELL IF THERE THAT GREAT YOU SHOULD BE BRINGIN STATS ALL DAY

you didnt bring out any stats at all man....ill still stand by it....we have better defense that could stand inthere with any team, whether it be SEC, pac 10, jesus...it dont matter

and ill stick by our offense which has had its way with any team we've played accept osu, and thats because sweater vest reads our offensive play manual like the bible before bed every night...

ben300
10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Ben 300 watch out with the spelling this is on a completely serious note you need to watch how you spell beause if not the spelling police quadracer707 will get you and get ANGRY about it
lol

im sorry i go to psu school of engineering....spelling isnt in the curriculum, but i'll write to them and try and get it into the schedule..

haha

woodsman250r
10-31-2008, 01:54 PM
All this talk about who is going to the NC game, who is number one, who is the best, who sucks, who is over rated, who's mom is a better cook, who has a bigger d***, who can do a word search the fastest is making my head hurt!!! There is only one constant variable this year, and here it is....

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS!!!! :blah:

ALAMX37
10-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Ohio State too.

jcv400ex
10-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Ohio State too.

:devil: HAHA!

eastcoastpro20
10-31-2008, 07:17 PM
if we suck with a two loss season and ranked #13 id hate see if we had a sason when we were great haha

c450Razy
10-31-2008, 07:53 PM
i dont feel like reading all thru this bull**** but, whos going to be on campus with me if PSU makes it to the Nat tittle game??:devil: talk about nuts lol