PDA

View Full Version : First XC race today . . .

SPDSNYPR
10-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Did Ok for a first race (12th of 22 in the beginner class). But I discoved that my suspension was not up to what I want from it. I'm just too damn big. I need to lose 25 lbs - which will bring me down to 240. But even then, I'm way over what the suspension was designed to handle. Lot of fun - arms were worn out, but never really got too tired. Guess that means I can push it harder, but I was trying not to wear myself out in the first few laps, as I have been told everyone does.

Now I have to start shopping for shocks. Damn - I should never raced. I really likes it. I'm too old for this ****. :D

supercreep
10-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Glad you had fun... My first race was Rush Springs on a Utility. My arms felt like noodles for two days, but I still had a smile on my face. Didn't get to race today, but I'm already planning for next year. I bought a YFZ450 but I think I am going to try to get something with reverse. At 40 yrs. old I don't feel like getting off and pushing anything, especially an hour into a race.

SPDSNYPR
10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Hell - I forgot like three or four times I even had reverse, and just pulled the quad out of the tight spot. And I'm 37 - so while I'm not over the hill yet, I can sure see the top of it from here. :D