PDA

View Full Version : outgrown viper 90??

jfwyatt
10-25-2008, 07:12 PM
my son has outgrown his viper 90 and im trying to decide on a good upgrade . the jap 250 bikes are a little too big so ive been looking at either the extreme or kazuma 110s & 150s. how are these as far as reliability? we mostly trail ride . Thanks for any input.

Logan #34's Dad
10-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Don't buy a Kazuma, (there is a thread on here (recently bumped -Another quality Chinese atv-) of a dad not happy with the Kazuma.)
I think I'd look into the Raptor 250.

forgiven
10-27-2008, 07:03 AM
The raptor 250 is a great choice. The only downside is that my son doesn't want to ride his DRR 90 anymore. It is a neat little quad.

jfwyatt
11-08-2008, 08:05 AM
the problem with the raptor 250 is where we ride is on gov. so hes to young to ride until hes 16. the rangers said they would lett him slide as long as he fit the bike and the raptor is just too big for right now.

leager-n-ky
11-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I have two of these Typhoon 125's and for trail riding I think they would be great, we didnt have any problems untill my oldest son started jumping higher. Put a better shock on the rear, and lock tite EVERYTHING, and I think he will like it.

LT80
11-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Is the machine too small or is it just too slow?
I've seen many a parent think that their kid is too big but in fact, they are just getting big enough to throw the machine around.
A fun motor is needed for them.

I'm sure you have a handle on all this but I thought I'd mention it. :)

jfwyatt
11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
he has outgrown it in both size and ability. has anyone tried a newer jet moto ive heard good things about them also. I know that extreme,kazumz,and jet moto are all chinese but from what ive read these are toward the top of the heap. whatever i get will probable be replaced within 2 years with the way my son is growing but im just looking for something to get by with until hes big enough so the park rangers will leave him alone on the 250.