PDA

View Full Version : What's everyones Maintenance schedules for there outlaws?

Manch Vegas
10-25-2008, 07:06 PM
As I said in another thread, I just got my outlaw. An, was wondering what people do for maintenance. I know when I had my crf250 dirtbike, I would change the engine, an tranny oil an clean the airfilter after like, EVERY ride. Was just wondering if these things need that kind of intense maintenance. How often do you guys change stuff, an what do you use?

PS, I have the 06 outlaw 500 I wanted the newer 525, but I traded my dirtbike straight up for this one (the only one forsale for months in the area)

Outlaw 50
10-26-2008, 06:32 AM
I have an hour meter on my quad and using it I change the oil/filter every 10hrs. The quad gets greased after every wash/ride and the chain gets cleaned and waxed after every wash/ride.

Manch Vegas
10-26-2008, 10:35 AM
is there seperate fluid for clutch and engine just like a dirtbike. sorry, I don't have a manual with it, an I haven't looked too much into it. But, my local dealer isn't really much help as they say they've only sold a total of 5 of em.

rr outlaw
10-26-2008, 11:07 AM
The Outlaw has one oil resevoir but 2 drain plugs. The oil for the engine and the tranny are one in the same. There is a drain plug underneath the oil tank (In front of the motor on the right side) and there is also a crankcase drain plug underneath the motor. These both need to be removed to let ALL the oil in the system drain out. Then install them both but you only need to add oil to the oil tank in front of the motor. And BTW- the only dirtbikes that have the engine and tranny oil seperate are the Hondas. All the others are one oil for both. Also I would strongly recomend purchasing a Polaris repair/service manual. I went into my local dealer and just had them order one for me. Trust me its the best $25-$30 you will ever spend.

Originally posted by Manch Vegas
is there seperate fluid for clutch and engine just like a dirtbike. sorry, I don't have a manual with it, an I haven't looked too much into it. But, my local dealer isn't really much help as they say they've only sold a total of 5 of em.