PDA

View Full Version : rear lower a-arm bushings

Manch Vegas
10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I just picked up my 06 outlaw. Rode it for the 1st time an LOVE It. I read on here alot before I got it, so... I knew about the a-arm bushing thing an stuff, but I was wondering what everyone has done to resolve the issue. Ya grease the fitting an it tightens up, but ride it for 10 minutes an it's all sloppy all over again. Does anyone have any aftermarket or part numbers for some better OEM replacements?

Outlaw6;=-
10-26-2008, 07:40 AM
i believe 08 and up went to the needle bearing which stopped that movement.

Manch Vegas
10-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Does anyone make any better a-arm bushings I used to have the same type of problem with my old skidoo, an they made metal replacement bushings that fit perfect an tightened everything up. If not, what's involved in upgrading to the needle bearings (are you sure your not talking about the wheel bearings vs. the lower a-arm bushing?) All the slop seems to come from the lower a-arm bushing. I'm not too worried about the wheel bearings, they seem to be pretty good, an I'm only using it for light trail riding.

Manch Vegas
10-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Alright, I looked up on the parts fiche what seems to be what I need, can anyone give me any insight, here is the part number

BEARING-NEEDLE

nytfr8
10-26-2008, 01:24 PM
The bushing in the rear of the 06 that is the culprit, is the upper control arm on the rear, upper, outer bushing. There is a guy over on predatorowners.com, "drich" he has made a few sets. I bought some from him and they really tighten up the rear end. They seem to be lasting quite well also. If you update to the needle bearings for that bushing you will also need to update the outter bearing carrier, I don't think it is a direct replacement. You could probably machine out the upper area to make it work.

Manch Vegas
10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
according to the parts fiche, that part number is a direct replacement for the 06, an I'm assuming as long as you buy the whole assembly, the needle bearing, bushings, and bolt that it should be a direct replacement without having to modify, anyone have any experience with this??
Actually, now that I look at the parts fiche, if your saying the upper control arm is the one that causes the slop, I think I am looking at the wrong parts, I was looking at the needle bearing in the bottom control arm an it looks like the oem replacements for the upper are still the same old crap bushings. here's the parts fiche page

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/14/Polaris.aspx

sleddog66
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Ya, NYTFR8 has your best and cheapest option by contacting DRICH on predatorowners. He makes a better set of bushings for like $25 if I remember correct. If you upgrade to the needle bearings, you will indeed need new control arms. I had mine done under warrenty, and my dealer ordered hundreds of dollars of parts for the upgrade. 24 parts in all including carrier bearing assemblys.

Manch Vegas
10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I've been trying to register over at predatorowners.com to get in touch with DRICH, to see if he can make me some bushings, but... what the HECK, I can't seem to register!!

nytfr8
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I know they have been having some issues with the new server. I guess just keep trying.

sleddog66
10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
SS JEFF is an administrator over at pred owners. He also uses this site. Maybe he can help get you on??:confused:

barbakos
10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
I have an 06 and I just put a set of Drich's bushings in. It is nice and tight now. Once you take the old ones out you can see why they are crap. Anyway, predatorowners is slow sometimes but there is a TON of great information on the predators and outlaws.

Manch Vegas
11-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey, I've registered over at predatorowners an I've been trying to get in touch with Drich over there for weeks, an........ nothing! I've posted if anyone knows how to get in touch with him.... nothing! I've tried pming him twice (waited a while, didn't wanna bug him) an....... nothing! Does anyone know how to get ahold of a set of these bushings? I've pretty much tried everything I can to get in touch with him

SSJEFF
11-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I will look up his email on predowners and email him.

Manch Vegas
11-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it!