PDA

View Full Version : razr 2- reverse dirrection

cmpearce
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
i just noticed that alot of the top gncc guys are running thier razr 2 front tires in the opposite direction than the manufacturer recommends...WHY? what are the advantages? . i would just try it but i can't ride for two more weeks due to a foot injury.thanks

450rdr424
10-25-2008, 08:37 PM
I tried it and it seemed to me that the front pushed a little in the corners. I never ran a race just practiced like that I think it is personal preference try see if you like it.......

kodymx13
10-26-2008, 09:28 PM
they done bite as hard. same thing with the mx front tires. unless some genious forgot to check the direction when putting them on.

cmpearce
10-27-2008, 01:06 PM
bill balance ,brandon sommers and other top GNCC pro's are running the fronts this way..there has to be a reason .i guess i will have to wait two weeks to try it .

Flynbryan19
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
When ran "backwards" the fronts are much less darty and they don't try to climb out of ruts in corners as bad. I have spent time trying them both ways and flat out do NOT like them running the "correct" direction.

Scro
10-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
When ran "backwards" the fronts are much less darty and they don't try to climb out of ruts in corners as bad. I have spent time trying them both ways and flat out do NOT like them running the "correct" direction.

To add to that - When ran the opposite direction, you will lose a little braking power but nothing major. I run them opposite as well. Like you said, I hated the way they tried to climb out of a rutted up turn.