PDA

View Full Version : New York Riding - Ellenville NY

gabespal
10-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Any info about an ATV riding park in Ellenville, NY. Found it on "Craigs List" subject - RV - Hudson Valley NY. It goes by the name of Sunshine Mountain4 Wheeler Park

jtquad
10-25-2008, 05:36 PM
whats up man? im a part of nyatvonline.com and a few of the guys there went and said it was basically 80 or so acres of farmland and can be ridden quickly. If you ever want to ride we ride in Sullivan County alot as well - JT

gabespal
10-25-2008, 09:45 PM
JT - I'm always looking to ride when time and circumstances allow. My son and I ride a little in western orange, but no long trail riding yet. That is tough to find in this area but I'm looking. You know, kind of always looking over your shoulder worring about pissing somebody off. I'm an older guy and I don't need the aggrivation if you know what I mean. Just looking for some happy trails. Where do you ride

By the way I spoke to the guy this afternoon by phone. He made it sound like a big place, but I could tell from the map he was pretty limited. About an 8.5 circumfrence, with trails in between. I'll probably check it out at some point.

jtquad
10-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I ride all over the us but when im here in ny im in sullivan county. Ill ride whenever you want - JT

gabespal
10-27-2008, 07:08 AM
JT - Will you be riding during hunting season or do you stop during Nov.
As it stands right now my schedule looks lite friday, and certainly on saturday/sunday. Let me know so I can make arraingements. I would like to ride with you and bring my son (22) and wife along. What's your thoughts on that?
Where about roughly is the trailhead in Sullivan Co.

jtquad
10-27-2008, 07:45 AM
We ride at many different spots in SC. Right now with Hunting season we do night rides on weekends. Some guys rode form Youngsville area this past Sat. in the rain on some trails i havent been on. Best thing to do is post on NYATV and soemone will have a ride going this weekend - JT

gabespal
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
JT - I've been trying to use your website but I'm not having any luck. I tried to post a hello under "newbie", and I keep getting a message Sorry, etc... I registered and logged on so I don't know why I'm having such a probelm. I don't seem to have any problems here (other than my spelen) I'll keep haching away to see if I can figure it out.

I'm gonna try to post an "anybody riding this weekend" post. Lets see what happens. By the way I'm really new to this so it's probably me.

jtquad
10-28-2008, 06:50 AM
also, our site is going through a 100% overhaul for paid memebers etc. It maybe on the programing end. pm me your ip address - JT

gabespal
10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
My first problem might be that I registered and logged in, but did not realize that there was a fee. I have no problem paying but where do you find a "pay here" area of your website. Also I know this is a little late but my family and would certainly be interested in heping out with the trail clean-ups. I've got tools, a gas powerd trimmer/chain saw on an extension pole, and a strong back so we'll be watching for the next cleanup date.

Please inform on how to join so I can post

jtquad
10-28-2008, 12:12 PM
the website is getting switched over soon. Teh entire site is free right now. Once changed over the site will still be free but pd members will get trail maps, an online magazine etc. Just additional services. Once hunting is over we will do a trail work day. - JT

gabespal
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Still can't post but I'll be checking in about that work day. It seems I hve better luck posting on SCATV.com and ATVrider.com, but I won't give up on your site.

jtquad
10-30-2008, 06:53 AM
just spoke to the programmer site will be fixed in about a week. She just took it down 5 or 6 days ago to do some organizing of the groups. It will work flawless. I have spoken to a ton of users and all having same issue. Its due to her programing a new script for group and user levels - JT

gabespal
10-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that it wasn't me. Look forwrd to new site.
Whats new with any Sullivan County rides. Do you know of any places to ride or anyone wanting to get a ride together

jtquad
10-31-2008, 07:32 AM
I know everyone wants to ride but it has to be at night due to hunting season. How it is around here is most locals do not complain at all about the atv's etc providing we are respectful when crossing there land (farms etc stay single line all season) dont litter, keep trails cleaned up, no trees down etc and let them hunt. So basically we ride every weekend but hunting season. Night riding is fine though - JT

gabespal
10-31-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm fine with that it makes sense. I don't want to be a PITA, Where and when.

jtquad
11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Probably ride in the bethel area next weekend maybe sat night - JT

gabespal
11-03-2008, 06:19 AM
I just need a time and location. I'll likely have 2 to 3 riders if that is ok

jtquad
11-03-2008, 06:24 AM
no problem, once everything is set ill shoot you a pm - JT

dei3848
11-03-2008, 08:34 AM
yo guys whats up. i live in wallkill ny and there isnt much over hear to ride. i saw that same ad on craigslist.

gabespal
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I spoke to the guy directly. He seems like a decent fellow that just wants to provide a riding area some folks can have some fun with, without making someone mad. I'm not sure of how much riding your gonna get out of your $30. I plan on checking it out but I'm not expecting much. If you look at a map of the Ellenville area I belive the available riding land is between Cape road/Ulster Heights road and Briggs Highway to the south bounded by Gieiger Road. The owner made it sound like there was plenty of mud and hills, but I don't believe your gonna find a lot of long trails. If you want to contact them here is their link. mwalkerwicz@hvc.rr.com
If you go let me know, if I go I'll post something. If your looking for riding check out scatv.com, or nyatv.com (nyatv is having problems with their website). This is a sanctioned riding club you might be interested in.
Goodluck, and good riding

jtquad
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
let me just edit those links, sullivan county atv is www.scatvny.com and nyatv is www.nyatvonline.com SCATV is a charity ride club that has benefit rides a few times a year and NYATV is a site that holds rides but is also the hub for all other clubs to post ride areas and events for the entire state - JT

gabespal
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the edit. Please note, no disrespect was meant. Also, what is the status of the website. I keep checking in.

jtquad
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
will be a few more days the programming and changes have been about 8 months in the works. Once the behind the scenes end of it is done in a few days, the theme will be next which will really boost the look of the site big time. Also, no dissrespect taken, just clarifying the 2 ride club options and suggesting joining both - JT

gabespal
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Any word on the ride this weekend in Bethel? What is a PM (personal message?)and how do you shoot me one. Would you need my email address to do so, or do you already have it? I'm new to this stuff.

jtquad
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
pm is personal message ill send you one when i know more. depends on how weather holds up - JT

jtquad
11-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Try the site now, I think all is fixed - JT