PDA

View Full Version : clutch/enging knocking

MidwestOutlaw
10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone I have a 08 525 outlay had it since july. When the bike is in neutral or in gear with the clutch engaged it is making a loud rattle, almost like a knocking. When i put it in gear and let the clutch out enough to engage the drive train the noise goes away. Has anyone else had this problem, it it typical with the ktm's? Never owned one before all yamaha before If anyone knows it is please let me know. I dont want to bring it to the shop if this is normal, but I dont think it is. Thanks

eerhard09
10-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Completely normal! They don't do it new but after about 5-10 hours they sound like a gravel crusher! I think it has been discussed here a few times but has been extensively covered at predatorowners.com. Don't take it in for the noise, just keep up with the oil changes and other maintenance and it should treat you very well. Oh, and make sure to get a JD Jet kit in the thing, makes a world of difference and is worth every penny of the $75 price!

MidwestOutlaw
10-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Well I brought it to the shop and they said the main drive gear nut was lose, and had several of them come in that way.

somewon
10-31-2008, 06:41 AM
it's good to hear you got it straightened out.

I noticed your in Missouri, in addition to the TT race I listed earlier, there's an ATV rodeo on the 16th in sedalia if your interested.

SSJEFF
11-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I took that nut off and cleaned the threads, then applied a lot of blue loctite(medium strength). It has held since.