PDA

View Full Version : This should piss you off real good...

Pappy
10-24-2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/kind_atvs.htm

Titanium
10-24-2008, 01:40 PM
That's rediculous. whats the world coming to:( . doesnt seem like you can have fun anymore without somebody complaining.

10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm going to email them right now.

That really, really, really pisses me the **** off. Tree huggers think they know everything.

That guy must have gotten beat up by atv riders when he was a kid.

10-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Hows this before I send it?

When I came across this site, I got REALLY pissed off. What gives you guys the right to beat up on ATV riders? It's a physical sport that is a lot of fun, and it's getting hard enough to ride places. You are not helping things at all. ATV's are a great way to relieve stress and get a workout.

What's your favorite thing to do? A hobby so to say? Now.. imagine if some a-hole came along and started down-talking it. They tried all they can to stop it and keep you from doing what you love? You would be furious. ATV's are a lifestyle for us fellow riders alike.

So continue hugging your precious trees. You disgust me. It's a simple sport that many enjoy and you go and start ragging on them like you know everything.

Thanks for being an a-hole and helping to try and destroy our sport,

bwamos
10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I love activitst facts.

Almost 2800 deaths have been attributed to ATVs (about 200 to 300 annually) since 1985.

lets see.

2008-1985=23

2800 / 23 = 121.7 not 200-300. Exagerate much?

ZeroLogic
10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I love activitst facts.

Almost 2800 deaths have been attributed to ATVs (about 200 to 300 annually) since 1985.

lets see.

2008-1985=23

2800 / 23 = 121.7 not 200-300. Exagerate much?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Lets they ***** and moan if it makes them happy. They won't stop me from tearin it up.

ZeroLogic
10-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

When I came across this site, I got REALLY pissed off. What gives you guys the right to beat up on ATV riders? It's a physical sport that is a lot of fun, and it's getting hard enough to ride places. You are not helping things at all. ATV's are a great way to relieve stress and get a workout.

What's your favorite thing to do? A hobby so to say? Now.. imagine if some a-hole came along and started down-talking it. They tried all they can to stop it and keep you from doing what you love? You would be furious. ATV's are a lifestyle for us fellow riders alike.

So continue hugging your precious trees. You disgust me. It's a simple sport that many enjoy and you go and start ragging on them like you know everything.

Jesus, that would only make us look worse.:rolleyes:

416exfreak
10-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

X2.

Try rewriting it more officially and try to not sound like a pissed off teenager.

Better yet, why dont we write a letter, a petition so to speak, get everyone on the site to sign it, and then send that to them.:confused:

Ruby Soho
10-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Don't change my POV on the situation, Ill ride till I don't want to anymore, some group of wildlife lovers aren't gonna stop me.

Regular_Joe
10-24-2008, 02:24 PM
I smell Photoshop as well.

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/images/main_myths.jpg
http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/images/main_threat.jpg

416exfreak
10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe
I smell Photoshop as well.

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/images/main_myths.jpg
http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/images/main_threat.jpg

Bad photoshop too...

Only an idiot couldnt tell those are fake...:ermm:

hondaking52
10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
lol, he's complaning about how bad atv's are....wat about guns and crime......RIDE TILL THE WHEEL'S FALL OFF BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:macho

wvspeedfreak
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
You want to REALLY get pissed read their "vision" here .....

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/vision.htm

450raider
10-24-2008, 03:50 PM
yeah im not sure theres much of anything you can write to these losers to make em quit their whining, with that said pretty much the biggest egos on the planet are those of californian, gay rights, tree hugging, bicycle riding, drum beating, know it all hippies, who of which are never wrong about anything and their always above you (or think they are) because theyre in tune with mother earth and knows what she wants...... if your gonna write them anything just ask em how they think plants feel when they chop em down and smoke it :D

ZeroLogic
10-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
You want to REALLY get pissed read their "vision" here .....

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/vision.htm

I'd love to spit some beechnut in that dude's eyes

Yippie-Ki-Yay
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I think these hippies should open their eyes and realize where most of the polution comes from...Some people just like to watch the world burn.

<DRS>GPF
10-24-2008, 04:54 PM
though im a bit of a tree hugger at heart, i know that statements like this: "Another study in the San Francisco Bay area found that two and four wheel vehicles increased surface strength and density, which caused increased runoff and decreased water infiltration, reduction of soil moisture and reductions in organic carbon. These impacts prevented revegetation, and the increased sediment yield and runoff were found to affect adjacent sites."
are pretty much BS and subjective.. if youre talking about the bottom of a hill, or a ravine that becomes a trail, then it would naturally have the same effects noted in the statement.

when Dugger, IN(Red Bird state park) re-opened we could find none of the trails that had been there in years past..(not including the main roads that were already there)

even at St. Joe, if the trails arent used from the previous year, theyre quickly overgrown.

DEAL
10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
even if that wasn't photoshopped .. notice the people were wearing wetsuits to begin with .. people don't just wear wetsuits to go swimming ..
a joke maybe?
Not ignorance.

jesseweaver
10-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
if your gonna write them anything just ask em how they think plants feel when they chop em down and smoke it :D

:D LMAO thats hilarious

let them talk all they want, its not gonna stop me from riding.

how about we make an anti-tree hugger website and see how they feel about it.:D

BlaineKaiser450
10-24-2008, 05:27 PM
i found these people a while back and it really pissed me off. But remember, peple that dont like atvs/mx bikes or whatever are a minority, just like us riders. Most people dont really care about us, good or bad

Mxjunkie
10-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Thrillcraft owners should exercise their rights on their own or other private land.

That's all good in gravy which most riders do, but it's all the assclowns out there riding without helmets taking their quads through some state park and running around in the cricks makin a good mud hole.. But, I guess they can't really close down a track so oh well, ya'll better start flyin in the air. :o

That guy must have gotten beat up by atv riders when he was a kid.

Your working on it with an email like that.. it's suppose to make atv riders look good, sorry to say but that email you posted would of gave them a good reason to post that on their website and say " this is atv riders at it's finest " with a big grin on their faces.. think before ya rant kiddies :chinese:

Rich250RRacer
10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Write and tell them we like the name "thrillcraft" SO much we're going to stop using quad, atv, and fourwheeler. Thank them for the new name. That should frost some hippy balls.

450raider
10-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
:D LMAO thats hilarious

let them talk all they want, its not gonna stop me from riding.

how about we make an anti-tree hugger website and see how they feel about it.:D

i like the way you think lol, yeah someone on here can put together some crappy forums site called "how to rid hippies.org" or something along those lines and everythime something goes on on the news like protesting for gay people or immigrants or complaining about quads well just sign on with our screen names there and bash the heck out of them..... give em a taste of their own "herbal" medicine :bandit:

witech
10-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Write and tell them we like the name "thrillcraft" SO much we're going to stop using quad, atv, and fourwheeler. Thank them for the new name. That should frost some hippy balls.

I was thinking the same thing. Hmm thrillcraft? sounds like those guys who ride them are having fun. That might just boost atv sales.I prefer 4wheeler ba***rds. I did like some of thier action shots.
I do agree with some of thier claims like how disturbing loud exhausts are. Your pretty much guaranteed a ticket now for trail riding around here with a open pipe. Pretty soon it will be at the track and I think we will be ready. So far I think I have built the only quiet exhaust system that has ever beaten a full race pipe .

hawood
10-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Ya, I dont understand why race exhaust is even available to non-racers, loud pipes should be banned completely for anything other than competition and you should have to proove that you race before you can even buy one. Idiots running around everywhere with loud pipes on their atvs is the #1 reason for all this bs, and I think anyone cought with loud exhaust anywhere other than a track or a very remote location occupied only by atv's, should have their exhaust confinscated and recieve a heavy fine which would be used toward atv education classes, which would be mandatory for them to attend.

jrspawn
10-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow, reading that post makes me ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZeroLogic
10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by hawood
Ya, I dont understand why race exhaust is even available to non-racers, loud pipes should be banned completely for anything other than competition and you should have to proove that you race before you can even buy one. Idiots running around everywhere with loud pipes on their atvs is the #1 reason for all this bs, and I think anyone cought with loud exhaust anywhere other than a track or a very remote location occupied only by atv's, should have their exhaust confinscated and recieve a heavy fine which would be used toward atv education classes, which would be mandatory for them to attend.

Don't think from one side. What about the manufacturers? They would be dead in the dirt.;)

State forest and other riding lands usually have a DB limit as well.

powermadd400ex
10-25-2008, 02:26 PM
i agree, hmf would be screwed :p
but down here there is little to none DB limits. most of the time if you do have loud pipe the park rangers or track owners complement them :D

ZeroLogic
10-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
i agree, hmf would be screwed :p
but down here there is little to none DB limits. most of the time if you do have loud pipe the park rangers or track owners complement them :D

Yea well thats cause we're on the east coast.:devil: Once you go over to the west coast thats when you get the tree hugging college students.

k4f5x0r
10-25-2008, 03:58 PM

one of the stupidest things i have read. why should we have to change our riding lives for idiots that complain about a bit of noise. theres a crazy horse lady that lives by us and complains about nothing. she says she can hear the quads from the track. but you stand outside of the track by the road and you cant hear crap. she's just a crazy old bit**

xrxmxcx
10-25-2008, 09:37 PM
"With 65% of Americans over 20 estimated to be overweight, use of thrillcraft, and the lack of exercise that goes with it, can even be said to promotes the growing obesity problem in the country that burdens our health care systems."

Straight from there "vision". I think I might just give this misinformed stupid son of a _____ a call, let's see what he really knows or has to say.

10-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
one of the stupidest things i have read. why should we have to change our riding lives for idiots that complain about a bit of noise. theres a crazy horse lady that lives by us and complains about nothing. she says she can hear the quads from the track. but you stand outside of the track by the road and you cant hear crap. she's just a crazy old bit**

x2, that was one stupid arse paragraph

And a lot of ATV riders put on exhaust's for the preformance. Not to piss people off. We want to go faster.

RaptorRacer45
10-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
"With 65% of Americans over 20 estimated to be overweight, use of thrillcraft, and the lack of exercise that goes with it, can even be said to promotes the growing obesity problem in the country that burdens our health care systems."

Straight from there "vision". I think I might just give this misinformed stupid son of a _____ a call, let's see what he really knows or has to say.

I wanna see 1 of them run a GNCC than tell me about lack of exercise!

<DRS>GPF
10-26-2008, 09:43 AM

hmm... me thinks thats too far..

in the least, enforce the 95db ruling that most states and state parks have..
but for someone crying the blues about noise from someones private land, theyd better have the db meter to back it up or im sure i could make them pay all court costs and my loss of wages for having to appear..

besides, if they do all that youre suggesting, then theyll need to stop the streetbikes which ive found to be much louder and more likely to be a bother to others.

ironically, it seems the rule is regularly enforced with cars/trucks, but all else gets a pass.

krt400ex
10-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

i completely agree

400exrapes
10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
That's rediculous. whats the world coming to:( . doesnt seem like you can have fun anymore without somebody complaining.

that is so true with everything... absolutley everything it seems like .. Europe is much different this way i feel.

Nac's22
10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
a bunch of tree hugging hippy crap... i do like the new name.. thrillcraft... kind of cool actualy

BlaineKaiser450
10-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
your kidding me right? They should try running a 30 minute moto riding 120% trying to hang with the A class. then tell me about how easy it was :ermm: :confused: :huh

400exrapes
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
people do complain about everything now.. if your having fun its not right.

cletusEX
10-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Reading s%&t like this hits home for me. It seems like everything I love to do is under attack. Hunting, fishing, and riding all have similar enemies. Am I really hurting that many people? Every year hunting and fishing have more rules. And riding is always under attack (I've lost more tracks and riding areas in MD that it is impossible to stay local)! I'm all for regulation but lately it has gotten out of hand. I try and think about what I would do if riding wasn't an option or if fishing or hunting was outlawed (which is closer than many may think with gun control and fed regulation). The only other thing I'm good at is the bar scene and that is good for no one! :D I've thought about moving out further from the big city but that is a temorary fix. Makes me wonder what this country is in for, and what the next generation is going to do.

Ryan
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I've never seen so much BS and false information in my life. Who are these people really trying to fool?

They will never be able to ban "Thrillcrafts" in the states... But im sure they will try to close every riding area they can. Someones got their head up their ***, and this information should be cleared up.

I agree with whoever said to start a petition. Mainly a petition strictly against that website, or group of people. False information and satistics alone is a good enough reason.

If I met these... Andrew Orahoske and George Wuerthner, they would understand what "Cause and Effect" Is really about. :mad:

big95xj
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Confiscate thier exhuast so they would have to ride back to camp or the trailer with no exhuast...

gabespal
10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ryan
They will never be able to ban "Thrillcrafts" in the states... But im sure they will try to close every riding area they can. Someones got their head up their ***, and this information should be cleared up.
I agree with whoever said to start a petition. Mainly a petition strictly against that website, or group of people. False information and satistics alone is a good enough reason.

Hey Ryan, look at what happened to smolkng in bars and restaurants. No one ever thought they could tell a bar owner how to run his business. Now most states have a ban on smoking in public places in one way or another.

You think most people care about yours and my right to ride. Think again.

Here is the bigger picture. FIRST: alway be an ambassadore of the sport. Tread lightly and be respectful. I think that was the point of the post suggesting banning the loud pipes.

SECOND: "The enememy of my enemy is my friend". Get envolved with groups outside of ATVing, that support and respect your right to ride. For example hunters = gun owners = NRA = a loud voice.

If we unite as a group of Thrillcraft owners we have a very small voice. If thrillcraft owners unite and support a group like the NRA, now we have a voice. I'm not currently an NRA member but I would join NRA if they supported in my right to ride. This takes people and money, but ooohhh what an impact it could have.

This is a great idea that needs traction to support our right to ride. When this gets big remember you heard it here first.

Maybe some of you out there have objections to gun ownership. Name me a better group that fights for your rights and freedom than the NRA.

Hey Pappy, what do you think about this

Pappy
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by gabespal
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ryan
[[B]B]
Hey Pappy, what do you think about this

Most folks have the attitude that" its on my land" and geuss what, that doesnt fly. Noise is one area that the courts will side on the complainers....its been proven time and time again. On this issue, we should be yielding and understanding. Noise pisses people off. Think about when you ride and if a neighbor complains, try understanding their position and work it out. A freind is better then an enemy.

It will take a different approach as you have stated, however there isnt enough money being given to those who defend atvs collectively to fight the antis....because they come at us one at a time and those that are against us have the majority of the public support on their side, its a hard battle.

Support the NRA for sure, but also support the ATVA. Support anyone who is for personal freedom and lessor government. Stand up anytime and any where when someone threatens your freedoms, but first, and most importantly, educate yourselves. You can be 100% correct on an issue but if you sound like a dumbass, well, thats how you will be viewed.

Join the ATVA www.atvaonline.com and get involved. I see alot of money spent on aftermarket parts, why not add a measley $35 bucks to it and be a member and part of the flow of support?

And remember, these poeple are only reacting to what they precieve and see with their own eyes. That should be a pause for thought. Ignorance is sometimes another name for fear and lack of understanding.

There is an old adage..goes something like this...

"First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

gabespal
10-29-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm very new to the sport so I'm really trying to soak up as much info as I can. I will join atvonline because I want to protect my right to rifr and not have some jerk dogooder make the decision for me. The idea of the NRA was to give ATVers a larger voice in the political scene, As I'm sur you are aware that is where change happens. Until now I have never heard of atvonline as an advocacy group, but most people have heard of NRA. Strength in number, thats all, you know "The enemy....

It's late and I have to get to bed but I have some thoughts regarding the thread "this can't be legal" That was some of the best point counterpoint debate I have ever read. More on this tomarrow

Good night.
P.S. Those that may not have seen that thread go to, I believe, "Open Forum" > "This can't be legal"

gabespal
10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey Pappy. How about a big welcome to a new member of ATVA. Gotta go

87HONDATRX250X
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM

Thats good man. Love it. So true. You should start a thing and get a bunch of people to join as a protest.