PDA

View Full Version : removing spyware from my computer

10-24-2008, 08:55 AM
while i was at work last night, my wife must have accidentally downloaded some spyware onto our computer...it will not let me open mozilla firefox, but i can send and receive emails through outlook express. how can i remove this?

thanks in advance

coryatver
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
using outlook express is the worst possible thing you can use for e-mail! get rid of that right away! i would use thunderbird made by mozilla there are also some other good e-mail clients.

if internet explorer works download ad aware and hopefully that gets rid of it. If that doesn't work I would go to the task manager and look at the processes running and look for something suspicious and search it on google and find out how to get rid of it. I have fixed some computers you have to go deep in the registry files to get rid of the spyware crap.

also what anti virus are you using? I recommend getting AVG free. I really hope you are not spending money on norton anti virus it is horrible bulky program that holds down your computer and is a waste of money

Also make sure your firefox is up to date version 3.03. and have all the windows updates especially service pack 3 and internet explorer 7 and turn on the windows firewall