PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think It Would Fly?

Quad18star
12-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Well this question is pretty much aimed at all the Canadian racers or riders on this site but it can go for most of you Americans also. I will be finishing up with College in a few years and have plans on opening an aftermarket and performance shop here in Ontario Canada . It would be something similar to what the Quad Shop has going , or Nac's Racing or soemthing around those lines . Also I am trying to see if maybe I would be able to get licensed to sell Canondales since there isnt a place anywhere near here. The shop would do servicing and motor work , sell aftermarket parts for both Dirtbikes and Quads , and bring on more competition for the other shops around . Right now the only major shops would be Splash and Dirt , Royal Distributing , and HighSpeedDirt. I currently work for Royal Distributing and see the demand for a shop of this nature . If I could supply the canadian racers with the same products that you guys recieve from the USA , would you purchase from this shop? Also , I was wondering if many of you American racers would purchase seeing your dollar is worth more here in Canada and I would try my best to bring the cheapest prices around . Let me know all of your comments or concerns . All feedback would be appreciated .
Thanks
Greg

Pappy
12-11-2002, 09:48 PM
this is just my opinion .....

if you decide to open any business....you should build your customer base on people that depend on you and the quality of your work. trying to jump into a competitive market where price is a big concern leaves little room for error.

the exchange rate for american to canadian currency is deffinatley in our favor. im not sure with additional shipping to the states or any import/export fee's apply . wouldnt hurt to look into it tho.

anyway...good luck to ya:)

crazy canadian
12-11-2002, 09:53 PM
i live in canada, but work in the states and i ALWAYS shop around for the best prices on all the stuff i buy. i would definately buy canadian if the price is right, but to date, eveything has been cheaper in the U.S. let us know if you get into the business and i'll definately consider you as a potential supplier.