PDA

View Full Version : FMF vs ESR

1promodfan
10-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I currently have a FMF SST pipe and silencer. I've thought of maybe switching to an ESR TRX7R pipe. My bike is mainly stock, and I just trail ride. Now I know there is a lot of FMF bashers up here. But, I just want to know is it worth me spending the money. Will I be able to really tell a difference.

Master LTR450
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
if your just trail riding i would say its not worth switching.

troybilt
10-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I currently have a FMF SST pipe and silencer. I've thought of maybe switching to an ESR TRX7R pipe. My bike is mainly stock, and I just trail ride. Now I know there is a lot of FMF bashers up here. But, I just want to know is it worth me spending the money. Will I be able to really tell a difference.

My 250R is about 80% stock as well with the SST and powercore silencer.... which was on it when I bought it. I've thought about it several times to go to an ESR pipe... like Master said, I'm not convinced that for my riding I'd notice any/much of a difference.

What I do like about the SST and powercore setup, is that it is fairly quite for a 2 stroker, not sure about the ESR... I think they are a little louder of pipe.

thegreenone
10-24-2008, 08:37 AM
this something i have been wondering also i have spent a lot of time riding trails but it was always on a Cr250/ 500, but now iam going with the r's. mine came with a fmf, and on my mx bikes i al ways rode procircuit pipe, just not a fan of fmf, and would like some thing for Mx ridng in the spring, and iso should i go esr, or some thing else.

thegreenone
10-24-2008, 08:44 AM
this something i have been wondering also i have spent a lot of time riding trails but it was always on a Cr250/ 500, but now iam going with the r's. mine came with a fmf, and on my mx bikes i al ways rode procircuit pipe, just not a fan of fmf, and would like some thing for Mx ridng in the spring, and iso should i go esr, or some thing else.

bushwesl
10-24-2008, 08:49 AM
I switched from a FMF Fatty/PC II combo to a ESR TRX5/ESR silencer, and I it was quite a bit louder.