PDA

View Full Version : raptor clutch issue?

tater_kamik
10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
recently i had a shop work on a few things while i didnt have enough time to do them myself and while they were at it, the mechanic adjusted the clutch or so he told me. i also put larger rear tires, 22" kenda klaws on. I went and rode it for a short break in making sure everything was fine and had great acceleration as long as i wasnt completely on the throttle. Once i was, i lost acceleration and the motor pitch sounded as it was free spinning and didnt have much of a load on it. What im debating is the possibility of the rear tires slipping on the rim, incorrect cable adjustment, or the springs/ clutch plates need replacement. I was on an fairly dry surface but my buddy wasnt having any problems with grip. any suggestions?

kind of forgot some important info sorry 01 raptor motor with gytr clutches and hinson basket

John451
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM
id hafta guess the clutch is adjusted too loose, screw the clutch cable adjuster in a few turns if it's catching far out, if its catching near the bars then unscrew the adjuster on the perch

tater_kamik
11-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks a bunch! i played with it a tad today (currently in my storage unit since i very recently moved) and am planning on taking it out this weekend. Seems that the cable slack wasnt quite enough. Just hoping i didnt do any damage to the clutch when i had taken it out previously. With any luck its back to throwing an obnoxious roost :P