PDA

View Full Version : oil coolers

94bluZR2
10-23-2008, 11:52 AM
okay. i know this has probably been posted before but i'm kinda new to the site and am still getting use to how things work.

if i was looking into getting a bigger oil cooler what would be the best match up?
what could i get it off of and what modifications would need to be made to get it to work?

is there anything out there that simply bolts up with little or no modification? or even so is the modification worth the time and money spent making it happen?
Thanks,
Shawn

hypersnyper6947
10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
spall 4" puller fan, very easy install, $60 and gets the job done,

94bluZR2
10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
okay thanks on there website they have a wiring harness and relay i don't need that do i? i can just cut the connector off and use the two wires one ground and one power right?

hypersnyper6947
10-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 94bluZR2
okay thanks on there website they have a wiring harness and relay i don't need that do i? i can just cut the connector off and use the two wires one ground and one power right?

Yea all you need is the fan, then just cut the harness off the fan. Yep one is power one is ground, i just connected the wires to the pos side and neg side of the battery and put a toggle in between. I mounted the fan to the cooler with zip ties, i know that sounds a little ghetto but it works and doesnt block much air. It was all very easy, Good Luck.