PDA

View Full Version : Low Profile Seats for DRR/Apex

bulldogfallon
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
We are in the process of making a low profile seat foam/cover combo for the DRR and Apex quads.

It would make the seat foam a couple of inches lower/narrower in key areas which would significantly help the kids handsle their quads.

I want to know what everyone'e thoughts are.

Nothing worse than getting the seat bucking the kids around in bumpy areas of the track. If it can be narrower it will also also for a more ergonomical fit to their body size.

Would $129.95 for the custom foam and seat cover combo be something that is worth looking into?

What's the magic number if that price doesn't work?

quadscrib
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Well cheaper is always...ahem..better ($99.95 sounds great to me) but Ive though of shaving the foam in our DRX50 just for that reason but havent done it... Great idea to me!

bulldogfallon
10-23-2008, 11:07 AM
We are checking into costs for it to be made overseas rather than in the U.S.

That would bring the price down and make it a complete seat, not work to do :)

Just wanted to see if a few inches of seat height was worth the effort

I know I would buy them for every quad we race.

Look at the big quads....each year they are making the seat flatter and thinner....more cuts in the foam for better movement.

Why not use this technology on the mini quads?

quadscrib
10-24-2008, 04:50 AM
100% agreed!

forgiven
10-24-2008, 07:59 AM
I think it would be perfect since the 50 is on the same frame as the 90 so for height there are a lot of kids bored on the kfx 50/pred 50 etc that are not physically big enough to sit and operate the quad.

Personally I think the shaved seat should be standard on the 50 with the option of the bigger seat if you have a bigger rider...JMO.

Lou could pick up a lot of 50 business instead of losing it to to the big 5 because of an easy fix like that.

guy310
10-27-2008, 08:40 AM
I would buy one either way you do it, complete or in pieces.

3400ben
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I would be interested in one. My son is short and that 2 or 3 inces would make the diffference he would be able to sit down to ride, he stands the whole time now. Would there be options for a seat gripper and color? I would pay a little more for american made.

#404's Dad
10-31-2008, 12:03 PM
We have been shaving my sons and other's seats for a few years, works GREAT, looks GREAT and when doen right you cant even tell unless you are looking for it!!

$75.00 is what we always charged and were able to reuse the exsisting seat covers with no issues too.

So basiclly I think there is a need for it out there Gary and you'd do good with it!!

thedeatons
11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Did this ever come about? I have an early silver/black seat from our 50, and I want to either trade for an all black seat or get one of these with the all black seat cover....

MISSY'SDAD
11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
this is a great idea for the smaller riders well worth the money in the past i have shaved the stock seat but if i could have bought one i would have