PDA

View Full Version : typhoon race build

lilman
10-22-2008, 11:22 PM
well it looks like Damon has to go modified after his first year! the typhoon was great for starting out on but if he has to run against the mods we need help! ive heard willies motoworld builds screamin typhoons any body know how to get a hold of them?any body that knows anything about getting these up to speed would be a great help. we have all winter to build it we need to be able to run with 16-20 hp eatons drrs apexs that are really done up. our rules let up to 110 2stroke and only 125 4s!
i would sure like to see him holeshot these other machines this spring! i"ll try and post some race pics. Damon won our spring series ,2nd at amature nats,and also won the fall series.he is very passionate about racing quads and would love to stay on the typhoon if we can get it up to parr for the mods.

double d 1
10-23-2008, 03:23 AM
in my opinion you are not going to get that much power(16-20) out of a 125 xtreme. i would go with a manual tranny,yx engine, hp piston and and a roller rocker head. thats going to be around a grand for that set up. go to planetminis.com and youll find what you need to know there. even the 160 with the 177 kit and that head are only getting around 16 or 17.

nordic quad
10-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Check out ooracing.com they build pit bike engines in UK,they have a special editon 125cc engine with 17hp.There shold also bee some dynoruns from the same company on youtube.

Ride1Rob
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't know about that! I've been doing alot of research on these pitbike motors myself as my son has just started racing as well. First off a 125cc thumper is in a smaller class than a 110cc 2smoke. It's not a fair race from the start. I'm building my sons bike into a 150cc with 30mm exhaust and crower g2 cam. With a bigvalve head I may only get around 15-16hp from what I've been reading. THAT'S ON A BUILT 150cc. Hard to think that you can get that much from a 125 built motor as well.

lilman
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
what about a robs racing trx125 or scot cain 125 these should bolt right in yes? what are they worth anybody know?

Ride1Rob
10-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Based on an article from Robbs Racing they state that they get 17horses from their built TRX125. You should give them a call and you may want to try Hetrick as well as they are well known for minibuilds.

airmobile101
11-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Check out ooracing.com they build pit bike engines in UK,they have a special editon 125cc engine with 17hp.There shold also bee some dynoruns from the same company on youtube.
I have personally bought stuff from OORACING. Great products. I will probably be doing more business with them when I get an Extreme.