PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Predator 90 Dying

uniform
10-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi There.

I purchased a second hand 2003 Predator 90. My 10 year rode it lightly and complained of it dying. I have checked and cleaned the following. gas tank and blew out all gas lines, fuel valve, the carb apart 3 times and cleaned everything out, the reed valves. All is very clean no restrictions. Starts easily and idles fine but will not run. The electronic a is removed and the throttle limiter is out all the way. It appears to be a common problem. I have seen at least 4 posts with the same problem but not answers. So if any one knows the answer please let me know.

Thanks
Richard:)

tyguy39
10-22-2008, 11:17 PM
try compression test
should have at least 90 to 110 psi to run good hot

uniform
10-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi. I will try a compression test. Will try adjusting the air fuel mixture screw. Presently the air fuel mixture is 1.5 turns from bottom.
Thanks
Richard

lilman
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
you could try using the choke and see if it gets better or worse,
check spark plug color, in not even sure if it would idle properly with out good comp. if it gets better with choke on you still have carb probs, bad float settng,plugged jet, air passage,i have seen a problem believe it or not that the gas cap would not breath and it acted simular to that . if it starts cold and idles i"d bet its not your comp and is iether carb or cdi, was the flywheel saved recently? maybe to much!