PDA

View Full Version : Want to start racing

Luke22
10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Alright so i want to start racing my 250r next summer i was wondering what would be a good place to start for parts for it what to get and whats a waste of time. Its already got nerfs and a kill switch other than that its a completly stock 88 250r. As far as the type of racing i dont know. What ever comes up ill give a try. Itll also be used for alot of trail riding. So far i love the bike ive had it all summer and now i wanna just do a lil racing any help would be great so thanks

badtothebone250
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
A good set of tires is a place to start. Other than that, the suspension will need to be upgraded if you are wanting to do some serious racing. The stock front shocks will beat you to death!

trx310R#24
10-23-2008, 03:38 AM
you have to know what kind of racing your going to be doing to set up a race quad

Luke22
10-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks so far for the help as far as racing i dont know what type what ever comes up il try. What type of tires ive looked at chen shin and razrs what about power mods again thanks for the help

Creech52
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Type of racing plays a big role in building a bike, such as itll be hard to have a full on MX bike and trail ride it.

If you want an all purpose bike.
Go with a set of +1 LT a-arms, and a +1 or 2 axle, and shocks.
Just remember itll handle better in the woods then on the MX track but better all around then a stocker.

As far as a motor Id start with a good stock motor with a good filter, reeds and a good low mid or all around pipe like the TRX5 or the various other pipes. Basically a MX pipe can do good in the woods aswell, but a TT or sand style pipe wont give you as much low end, its doable but youll wear urself out alot faster. If you want to up it you can aslo get a good port job and a shaved head or something like a cool head with a high compression dome.

Tires, Id probably get a bunch of used after market wheels with different tires for track and trail.

theres other stuff thats more personal preference like bars, twist or thumb throttle, any thing that makes u more comfortable and makes riding easier and less tiring is a plus.