PDA

View Full Version : DC Motorsports (Dave Carter)

dwhst9
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I just wanted to take a moment and publicly apologize to DC Motorsports and Dave Carter. We had some mixups on parts back when I ordered my +3 a-arms and I vented publicly on this forum. I should have spoke (or PM'd) with Dave instead. I had some other things going on at the time and all of my frustrations sort of came out at Dave.

The one-off +3 a-arms DC made for our Scrambler 90 are working perfectly for us. I understand that Dave more than likely will never deal with me as a customer anymore. However, I wanted to put this out here for others to read and I would certainly recommend DC's miniquad parts to anybody.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies. Thank you again for helping us out on our miniquad project and for making a great product.

mini racer #39
10-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Very cool to openly apologize to Mr. Carter. He's great at what he does and has helped us and many others at the tracks a lot.

jjd223
10-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Dave is the best, especially for a one off project. Dave treats every fabrication as if it is being built for his own son.

maddogmike119
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Dave I got your back man! Your #1 in our book!

jjd223
10-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Mike,
i saw photo's of your new D.C. Mod,it looks awesome. Dave's outstanding craftsmanship really shows.

Good luck with it.

Joe

dcarter
10-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Hey Mike,
Thanks for your kind words. I fully understand how you felt and i have no bad feelings at all. Today is a new day and what happened before is already forgotten. I know how it is when you are trying to do something for your kids and it does not go right, that makes things hard for everyone. If you need anything you can call me anytime and i will be very happy to help you.
I know about going through bad times, when i was going through a divorce billy holt called me ask about a-arms and swing arms, i told him i was in the middle of a mess he understood and a few months later we got together again and started working together, we have been very good freinds ever since so i feel you never close any doors.
I hope eveything is better for you and your family and i hope your son likes his parts and his bike.
If i can help give me a call anytime. Dave

dwhst9
10-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by dcarter
Hey Mike,
Thanks for your kind words. I fully understand how you felt and i have no bad feelings at all. Today is a new day and what happened before is already forgotten. I know how it is when you are trying to do something for your kids and it does not go right, that makes things hard for everyone. If you need anything you can call me anytime and i will be very happy to help you.
I know about going through bad times, when i was going through a divorce billy holt called me ask about a-arms and swing arms, i told him i was in the middle of a mess he understood and a few months later we got together again and started working together, we have been very good freinds ever since so i feel you never close any doors.
I hope eveything is better for you and your family and i hope your son likes his parts and his bike.
If i can help give me a call anytime. Dave

Dave,

I'm glad this can be water under the bridge. I'm already thinking about getting an extended swingarm for the Scrambler 90. I don't forsee my son racing, but he needs an aggressive trail setup. So far, the +3 a-arms and 19" front tires have made a HUGE improvement in handling and ground clearance. What would you recommend as far as a swingarm is concerned for a solid trail setup? I'm sticking with the ebay Works shock knock-off that I've got on there now.

Thanks again,
-Dave

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2638189436_27eb413197_o.jpg

dcarter
10-23-2008, 09:00 AM
I would reccomend a plus 1" swing arm for the bike. If the bike is not to soft now in the rear you could run the shock you have now. I noticed that the spring has adjustments to put more spring pressure into the rear. A plus one swing arm would give you a little longer wheel base and do fine for woods riding. if you went to a plus 2" swing arm you would have to do something with the shock i'm afraid. That is what i would suggest. You could always go to the full round house and comvert to a disk brake in the rear, that would save you about 12 to 15 pounds of weight getting rid of the drun brake set up, but they are not cheep. just a few thoughts to think about. dave

dwhst9
10-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by dcarter
I would reccomend a plus 1" swing arm for the bike. If the bike is not to soft now in the rear you could run the shock you have now. I noticed that the spring has adjustments to put more spring pressure into the rear. A plus one swing arm would give you a little longer wheel base and do fine for woods riding. if you went to a plus 2" swing arm you would have to do something with the shock i'm afraid. That is what i would suggest. You could always go to the full round house and comvert to a disk brake in the rear, that would save you about 12 to 15 pounds of weight getting rid of the drun brake set up, but they are not cheep. just a few thoughts to think about. dave

What would a +1" swingarm cost (reusing existing drum brake, etc)?

90cc DAD
10-26-2008, 07:41 AM
We use the Round house Swing arm from Dave....And there is
NOTHING that comes close to it!!:eek2: It is Very Dependable!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler 95Y
KoolKidz ATV.com
D-6QuadsRule.com