PDA

View Full Version : Just got an Eton 70 need help and some parts

86trizinger
10-22-2008, 07:07 AM
I just got an Eton 70.. For almost free.. Needs a little work to run great though. a few scratches on the plastic here and there But other then that it is almost new.

-70cc high compression kit on it.. It starts right away but runs rich as hell and idles very high.
-Clutch springs and roller were upgraded already.
-Larger carb.. I have to see what size it is and what main jet is in it.
-Nerf BArs- are gonna be raised 4 inches so my son can reach the pegs.
-Stock exhaust from a Eton 90

**Right now my first concern is the idling high.. Its richened up and I know I need to change the jets .
Maybe change it back to a 50cc if anyone has a take off piston and Jug. I have a head already.

*need to get a battery box or figure out how the battery is mounted in there.
*Need the on/off start switch - my son cannot kick start it
*I need to figure out where to get narrow handlebars... Do the MX mini interchange.. My son is small and his arms are too stretched.

If you guys have nay parts for this cheap let me know.. This is for my 5 yr old that is vert small and we are doing this on a small budget since

*I was told I can change the A-arms to ones off of a DRR to widen it up some.. IS this true? what else is needed?

86trizinger
10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
ALright just checked the ATv out.

It has an OKO 21 carb.. Looks like the main jet is a .92rd

Checked compression... its reads 98 lbs. Which is low compared to my other ATV but not to my TriZinger . ANy pointers would be great.

86trizinger
10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Forgot to mention... Air mixture screw is all the way in .. it ran for about 5 minutes and then cut off.. Havent gotten it restarter yet but is definitely running rich. Has some fuel leaking out of the pipe.

10-22-2008, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 86trizinger
Forgot to mention... Air mixture screw is all the way in .. it ran for about 5 minutes and then cut off.. Havent gotten it restarter yet but is definitely running rich. Has some fuel leaking out of the pipe. [/QUO Try dropping needle raising the clip that might help on gas in exhaust. Then change out your pilot jet go down if screw is all the way in means to big pilot jet. Your getting to much air to fuel.Set your airscrew between 1 and 2 turns out when you change out the pilot. Your plug is prolly fouled try this and let us know. :D

86trizinger
10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
What size jet should I go with> ? or what sizes should i order?

I just rechecked the compression with the throttle open because i forgot about that the first time. it read omly 85 this time... Does it even make sense to rejet the carb with the compression this low.. SHould i just but a new top end?

10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
What size is your pilot now? Its the littler jet right in back of main jet. Let me know i may have the jet you need and i will just send you one. Let me know. Thanks Toby

86trizinger
10-22-2008, 02:50 PM
My kids are home.. Have to wait until tonight whent hey go to bed.. This is a surprize.

86trizinger
10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I am going to check in the morning just got home and I am tired..

Looks like I need a new top end.. rather get it done now then later down the road. ANy sugestions where to buy one from? It has a 21 mm carb soI was told I should stay with a 70cc kit. Dont want to spend tons of money just yet just get it up and going for now.

Please let me know
Thanks
Chris

86trizinger
10-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Alright got the carb off. As well as the head, cylinder, and piston.

Here's what I found.

**Piston is a .96 overbore- nick in piston.. matching cyinder.
**Head is polished high compression- small nick/nipple sticking out of combustion chamber.
**Cylinder- scored but someone tried to hone it to get it run.. it did for about 10 minutes i guess.

** Carb 21mm OKO carb
pilot jet - K24
main jet - 92rd
needle position - 1 clip from bottom

I need help here.. I need a new piston, head and cylinder.. I dont care if its a 50 or 70 kit but I need whatever will work with the OKO carb I currently have to save somemoney for now. Want to go cheap for now.. My son is just learning how to ride and is only 4... The bike already has a heavy spring and roller in the bike.

Also Need to know to change the jets to get this running right?

I NEED THE CHEAPEST PLASE FOR A RELIABLE CYLINDER.

Once I get the bike up and going again I can start with the powdercoating. I am on a budget but want it to last a little while atleast. The entire ATV has to be done for Christmas.

kylie'spitcrew
10-25-2008, 06:25 AM
We have an 05 e-ton 70 that are little girl races. I have some leftover parts so PM me with what you need. I don't have a extra jug or piston but a friend of mine might have some stock 50 jugs. The battery box should be under the seat but we had to take ours out because of the aftermarket pipe. I made a battery box that I mounted under the pull bar, it worked well and I still have it. We removed all the electric start and extra wires so we don't need it anymore. Joe

86trizinger
10-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Do any other pipes fit?? I wasnt sure if I can get a DRR pipe or something to fit.. They have some sort of 90 exhuast on it with no expansion pipe.

Also do you know if the DRR front a-arms will work.. Someone told me the interchange and will widen it..?

kylie'spitcrew
10-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I think the drr pipe will fit fine but I'm not sure. Ask Gary Fallon he will know for sure. He has G-Force motorsports and he will be glad to help. The new drr's have dual a-arms but the older ones had single a-arms so they might work. We bought a set of +3 a-arms from Cory at Kool Kids Atv and they worked really well. Hetrick also sells them for the e-ton. Joe

86trizinger
10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Irdered my olders sons DRx 90 from Gary.. should be here Monday.. I am excited to get it.. But its a Christmas present so my boys dont even know we have either of them.

AS for the front a-arms.. I was told the single a-arm DRR change over to the Eton... I may order one side and see depending on the cost of it.. It should widen in up quite a few inches.

What exhaust are you running?

kylie'spitcrew
10-25-2008, 05:41 PM
We have a trinity pipe from Kool Kids and it works well.

dopeyferree
10-27-2008, 08:24 PM
A drr pipe can fit, That is what I have on our 70. The battery and box had to be removed and very minor mounting mods to the rear mounting bracket were made.

86trizinger
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the info on the pipe.. I am looking for a used DRR pipe now.

I Just ordered a 70cc aluminum kit with polished high compression head.

I also got a free KASEA 50 to either part out or get it running with just a carb rebuild and new plug.

XXX -rider
10-28-2008, 07:31 AM
sounds like this machine needs an experienced atv mechanic to spend some time with it ..please do not let "new" or ineperienced
little riders on it til it is 100% & working correctly ..

86trizinger
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
I have been a VW/mercedes tech for 14 years.. I am new to the KIDS 2 stroke ATVs though so I wam working my way through it. I have rebuilt 4 bikes this year.. just not any little ones yet.

I am not letting him ride this ATV until everything is dialed in perfect. I always ride my kids ATV first before they do everytime it comes out of the garage,, If soemthing is wrong they dont touch it.

etondaddy
10-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I have a used Hetrick pipe from Kyle's e-ton that would work.

Mike Kozura

86trizinger
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I just got the aluminum top end kit. I wasnt sure which way the arrow should go on the piston. Up or towards the exhaust. My other ATv's had an EX marked to go towards the exhaust. I guessing that is the right way.

Although unfortunatley I just opened the box and found the head to nicked up on the gasket mating surfaces.. I dont think it is a good idea to install it and risk gasket failure. I have to call them and see tomorrow if they will send me a replacement or just screw me on it.

11-04-2008, 09:09 PM
The arrow goes towards exhaust always. hope this helps.

86trizinger
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
YEah it does... the old one was installed backwards. Still have to get another head though.