PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better motor??

SEBZX79
10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I am looking at buying a left over 450XC but I see now that the new 450 and 505 has a DOHC motor. How do these two compare? I really like the out the door price of the 450XC for about 7700. How does that sound to you guys? I currently ride a 08 KFX450 power is fine but I nees suspension and dont feel like throwing 3k at it to get it the way I like it. I can sell it and buy a new KTM 450XC cheaper.

Thanks.

04TRX400EX
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Completely depends on what you are going to do with the quad. If you are going to be trail riding or racing desert or woods (basically GNCC) the XC SOHC engine is the better way to go because it has more low-end power. For motocross where a mid-to-top-end engine is preferred with lots of overrev, the SX DOHC is the better way to go.

$7700 OTD is a hell of a deal by the way. I'd jump at that. It makes my SX price seem not worth it ... kinda :D

protraxrptr17
10-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Everything he just said, but I have to add, the old RFS motor is no slouch. You should really consider the differences in the chassis for the type of riding you do. If you ride MX all the time you'd be much better off with the SX.