PDA

View Full Version : Cam Troubles<<<< Please Help <<<<

frogburner
12-11-2002, 07:24 PM
I have a stock piston, Dynojet kit, mega max II slip on... I have installed a HOTCAM Stage 1 on the bike,, (400EX), its makes a little louder noise at idle, but sometimes when high in the RPM's, it sounds like a valve ticking,, We had even adjusted the valve clearance... Do these cams make more noise than stock, why does it click funny??? Please help me out,,,, Other than that,, the quad runs fine, no misses in it, plenty of power, starts fine, idles smooth???? First time with a cam,, Help me if you can

YZROOSTINYA
12-12-2002, 03:41 AM
my seems to get a little chattery but i think it is my head messing with me. it will probally make a LITTLE bit more noise at idle because the profiles of the lobes are alot more aggressive than stock and the valves lift and drop faster.

if it runs good with no power loss or fragments in the oil your good. at high r's my sounds like the valves are floating but there not. its not really loud but it is louder than stock. my buds does the same and he hasa wb all around with aftermarket springs

frogburner
12-12-2002, 04:38 AM
Thanks,, I was kinda worried about what was going on inside the motor,, didnt know if I was floating the valves or not..

GoLikeHell
12-12-2002, 07:46 AM
Mine was also loud after installing a hot cams stage 2. But after the second valve adjustment its nice and quiet again. Make sure your feeler gauge is flat and not resting funny on the valve and rocker arm. I had to bend mine to get the right angle to adjust the valves. Before bending the feeler gauges I was geting some false readings.

Hope this helps
Mark

400ex00
12-12-2002, 04:46 PM
also remember that the cam is a solid lift. and whenever you go to a bigger cam your going to get more chatter. dont worry its not going to hurt anything. theres just prices you have to pay to go a little faster.

frogburner
12-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Well we had the counter weight on the cam that wasnt supposed to be, but we took it off, and now it doesnt ping and runs pretty good.. I noticed a little bit of power but havent really been on a all day long trail ride yet. But so far, I like it.. seems like I havent gained low end but just shy after mid,, it raps tight,, so I think I will love this cam... thanks you all>>

Tommy 17
12-13-2002, 06:40 AM
my tc cam won't stfu! it ticks all the time... i've got my valves done 3 times now with it and it still chatters...:grr