PDA

View Full Version : New ignition coil?

ARMY_rider
10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Well the wire in my ignition coil has broken and I need a new one. Does anyone know a reliable place to buy one? and as far as wiring all around were can I buy all new stuff cuz it looks as though everything I have is the original stuff and is falling apart.

86 Quad R
10-21-2008, 04:07 PM
are you referring to the actual plug wire itself? if so, the wire is epoxied in and can be removed using a "hooked" pick and be replaced by a NGK plug wire that can be purchased at a local cycle parts supply. :cool:

ARMY_rider
10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
are you referring to the actual plug wire itself? if so, the wire is epoxied in and can be removed using a "hooked" pick and be replaced by a NGK plug wire that can be purchased at a local cycle parts supply. :cool:

well yes but where it broke it is inside the ignition coil. I tried to kind of dig it out but it is inside of the actual plastic and I'd rather just replace the part. It's not worth jerry rigging

ARMY_rider
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM
here is what the part looks like

1trik88
10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
i actually have a brand new one, the bike never even started after i put it on. the reason for it not starting was it ended up being the stator that was dead and not the coil, so the brand new coil i bought for $65 from Honda is for sale...

if you are interested i will sell it to you for $45 plus shipping...

thanks,
BT

ARMY_rider
10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I have a Ricky Stator and it works just fine thank you. It's the wire coming from my ignition coil going to the spark plug that is broken. So this would obviously be the issue. Thank you for the offer though.

Master LTR450
10-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ARMY_rider
I have a Ricky Stator and it works just fine thank you. It's the wire coming from my ignition coil going to the spark plug that is broken. So this would obviously be the issue. Thank you for the offer though.

hes telling you he has a coil for sale. Also i have one that i would sell if you dont want to buy new. and for the wiring harness check out cheapcycleparts.com or try the site sponser c&d racing!!

1trik88
10-22-2008, 05:21 AM
yeah what Master LTR450 said...

im not talking about a stator, i am talking about a brand new ignition coil, with the wire going to the spark plug. thanks

BT

86 Quad R
10-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by ARMY_rider
here is what the part looks like

yea i'm quite familiar with the coil and what they look like and as far as "jerry riggin'" goes, there isnt any involve. :confused: your simply removing the old one and installing an aftermarket in the same manner as honda did with the OEM. ;)