PDA

View Full Version : Performance Mods and Reliability

COVEJEEPSXJ
10-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I bought an '03 Z400 about 3 months ago and I have added many of the typical cosmetic parts (bumpers, nerfbars, tires, shocks (soon), etc...) but now I am itching to do some MINOR performance mods (open up the stock silencer and air-box mods). I am leary about taking the reliability away from the quad though. I know that re-jetting will be required for just about any mod I do, but how does that effect reliability?

I removed the snorkle from the airbox and it spit, sputtered and fell on it's face. So I replaced it and it ran like a champ. I removed the end cap from the silencer in prep for drilling out the pea-shooter and them decided to go for a spin and it spit, sputtered and fell on it's face. So I replaced it and it ran like a champ. Which leads me to believe that it is almost running too lean already.

So if I remove the snorkle, open up the stock silencer (removed pea-shooter and a few baffles) and jet accordingly will I see any reliability issues?

ADTR14
10-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Nope you will be fine. Id remove the airbox lid and if you have the money, buy an aftermarket exhaust.