PDA

View Full Version : Knock Knock?

bulldogfallon
10-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Whos there?

What's up everyone? I am sure there is something new to talk about?

:)

MXfun
10-21-2008, 05:12 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Thought maybe everyone sold their DRR's:eek: Maybe all the problems just went away.

Gary - Coolant change went OK. Only concern is I was never able to see any coolant come out of the air bleed hole on top when I removed the little black cap. Tipped the quad up a couple times, refill, ran and refill. Seems OK.

Does anyone have a lighter stiffness of throttle spring for a 16mm Mikuni carb? Check local stores, can't seem to fing the right size.

bulldogfallon
10-21-2008, 05:18 AM
Loosen the bleeder that the cap is on.

U can cut the spring in carb to aoften the thumb throttle

double d 1
10-21-2008, 08:43 AM
i heard something about a 125 four stroke. will this be a race quad or just a play quad. any more info on this.

bulldogfallon
10-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by double d 1
i heard something about a 125 four stroke. will this be a race quad or just a play quad. any more info on this.

It will be geared toward racing as with all DRR products...

The platform will be a nice start compared to other 4 strokes available now, but as with all stockers there is room to support the aftermarket guys too.

pnbsdad
10-21-2008, 09:51 AM
It would be nice to get our hands on one to see what it is like:)

mcwilly
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I work w/ a bunch of 'techie' MENSA type people. One of my co-workers overheard me talking about making changes to the cvt set-up. He asked what I was talking about and I gave him a brief summary of the cvt…also explaining that the adjustments are pretty much a trial and error basis. Well, after a bazillion more questions from him (most of which I couldn’t answer) he's decided there HAS to be an algorithm to figure out how to properly adjust the cvt to your liking. He's decided he's gonna contact his other mechanical engineer buddies to figure something out…..this is their idea of fun! Anyway, I'll be sure to let you guys know what they come up with…..if anything.

:eek:

forgiven
10-21-2008, 04:21 PM
They really are in need of a hobby.

ZTR_MAN
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mcwilly
I work w/ a bunch of 'techie' MENSA type people. One of my co-workers overheard me talking about making changes to the cvt set-up. He asked what I was talking about and I gave him a brief summary of the cvt…also explaining that the adjustments are pretty much a trial and error basis. Well, after a bazillion more questions from him (most of which I couldn’t answer) he's decided there HAS to be an algorithm to figure out how to properly adjust the cvt to your liking. He's decided he's gonna contact his other mechanical engineer buddies to figure something out…..this is their idea of fun! Anyway, I'll be sure to let you guys know what they come up with…..if anything.

:eek:

Sounds like my kind of problem solvers!!! :)

hotquads1
10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Whos there?

What's up everyone? I am sure there is something new to talk about?

:)
here is something new to talk about !

pnbsdad
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
looks good almost like the cobra ones. how much?

XXX -rider
10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
here is something new to talk about !

:eek: very good :)

hotquads1
10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Hubs and sprokets can be purchased seperatly but a kit will be offered which will be 1- hub and 2 sprockets of your choice for 199 . Here are a few interesting facts These sprockets will be hard anodized to increase life and wear(just like the high end mx bike sprockets) , should last much longer than normal aluminum sprockets, and the hub will be made from 7075 aluminum instead of 6061 , yes it bumped our production cost up but the added STRENGTH and DURABILITY were our first priority. The hub will also get the hard anodized treatment . We will have them ready to ship soon in limited supply , first come first served. We will be stocking these , as well as Gary and most other miniquad racing dealers. Yes they are made in America by ZTR . Here is a pic of one (cosmetically unfinished prototype) installed for testing .
marc

DAVYS DAD
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
whats up guys looks like me and my boys are gonna run natls this year. were having track support problems in D-14. the best tracks are pulling out what a drag! nick will be running 50 stock while my 7 year old davy will be on a 70 cvt. cant wait to see them run with some faster kids. ran a couple natls this year with davy in the limited 50 class i guess we did ok 8th at our first one in alabama and 3rd at RED-BUD!!! RB and i have been building a sweet 70 drr. RB MOTOR :eek2: fox shocks dc a-arms and swingarm sweet blue drr wheels MK cylinder and pipe pvl ignition . this quad should really ROCK! please send money im BROKE LOL.
THANKS TO RB RACING for all the work.
Davy Woodbury #72
07and08 michigan 50 limited stock champ.
Nick Woodbury #22 up and comming.

quadscrib
10-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Dave go to http://mxrevolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=844
for an update on that very issue....looking better now it appears.
For the record Im still debating on 70 production or 50 production for Oliver for next year... too many factors right now.
By the way still havnt made mini track changes at PTR yet as Ive had Ollie riding the big track the last few weeks and thats all he wants to do lol. That lil 50 gets around there including horsepower hill NO PROB!!!!
One question for all. Do the minis run on mini tracks at the GNCs? or big tracks?

hotquads1
10-23-2008, 12:01 PM
The 50's run on the big track at all events except Red Bud, but sometime they cut the track down a bit to make lap times for the lil guys more reasonable.
marc