PDA

View Full Version : can am 800 renegade vs 450r

jeepthing07
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Whats faster in a race 450R or a can am 800 renegade? I know the renegade has a higher top speed i think i herd like 84mph or something. But if traction wasn't a problem what would win?

rap169
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
i ran against my buddy and it was on dirt. We were really close to being even but we ran out of room. I was almost hitting the rev limiter in 5th and i have one tooth smaller on the front. Prob a 5mph loss. but like i said, it was close.

86250rrider
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by jeepthing07
Whats faster in a race 450R or a can am 800 renegade? I know the renegade has a higher top speed i think i herd like 84mph or something. But if traction wasn't a problem what would win?

why? drag race,motorcross,down the street in front of your house ? atv's are for woods,dunes,etc. these 2 machines are like apples and cucumbers ! :rolleyes:

10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
in a drag both stock i would deffinately say the 800 wins. my brother raced a 700 automatic 4x4 with his 400ex and it just raped him in a drag i was shocked. but with that much more motor and their top speeds are up there.

Drewltr450
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Yea ide say the renegade would win. I always thought the utilitys were slow and poopy but after i saw an 800 up close riding those things are BEASTS. Could probly climb the side of my house to.

HondaRaceReady
10-21-2008, 08:33 PM
The renegades are easier to ride in a drag race too. All you have to do is pull the throttle. No worries about when to pop the clutch and how much gas to give and all that.

flowmasterz
10-22-2008, 05:14 PM
My dad has renegade, it all depends on where u race one. We raced in the street and he walks all over me, he just leans forward and puts it to the bars. I strugle to keep the front end on the ground cause of too much traction and by the time i hit second hes already got me and theres no catching him. If we race in the dirt its a different story i can really get on it with the little bit of wheel spin from being in the dirt, as long as i can keep the front wheels on the ground i can pull him. The only thing is he doesnt have to shift or anything so its real fast every time, if i do anything to mess up just a little at all he goes blowin right by me.

SicRipp83
10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
i used to work for a can am dealer and i killed it on dirt in 700 to 1000 ft. but i also run a hrc set up but did any know that the first year for the 800 which was either 05 or 06 was the fasted 800 iv rode i herd insurence companies made can am tone it down a notch

tim colston
10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by SicRipp83
i herd insurence companies made can am tone it down a notch

I highly doubt that. :rolleyes:

flowmasterz
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
I ride my dads every now and then and i test rode a 08 or 09 800 and it felt slower than my dads 07 i think, whatever the first year is thats what his is. Well i talked to the can am rep and asked what was up with that cause ther supposed to have 25% more power than the previous years. He said they actually do make more power but he said in making it make more hp they lost some of the bottom end grunt that they used to have thats y the older ones feel faster. Which in my opinion that bike neeps all the low end tq it can get cause its so damn heavy.

mikesutphin
10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
if any heavy utility quad outruns a 450r then something must be wrong on the 450

flowmasterz
10-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Have you ever rode one? There a lot faster than you think, and this is comin from a guy that rides both regularly and i love my 450, but ill still admit the renegades are damn fast.

Crusty450er
10-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by flowmasterz
Have you ever rode one? There a lot faster than you think, and this is comin from a guy that rides both regularly and i love my 450, but ill still admit the renegades are damn fast.

do doubt if you havent rode one you really dont know. i havent rode a renagade but i rode a outlander and i almost crapped myself when i gunned the throttle from a dead stop. WOW I WAS SHOCKED! THESE THINGS ARE STRAIGHT BEEF! ha ha. but if the outlander runs like it did i cant imagine what the lighter renagade will ride like. i am seriously thinking about buying a renegade X for my next quad.

REPOMAN
10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
i have a piped and jetted, filter, cdi and i barely beat a stock renegade drag racing in sand. maybe 2 bike legnths

fastford
10-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Got an 08 Renegade and an 08 DS450. I got the Renegade cuz of my shattered leg in late 07. After riding for a year I wanted to get back on to a sport machine. So I am speaking cuz I have both.

The Renegade is a flat out monster. On days when the leg is bothering me I strap on 4 paddles and hit the dunes. Its a cake walk. You dont have to ride the crap out of the machine to get it to do what you want. Sit back relax and pull the trigger. 4wd with stock tires will climb just as much as a big 3 modded 450 on sand stars. Put on 4 paddles in 4wd you need some serious motor work to keep up. BTW nothing will out roost an automatic!!

Now that I have4 the strength back in my leg its sport quad time again. I dont have to tell you guys how much fun a 450 is. 5th gear wheelies, jumps, donuts into wheelies and the ability to lift the quad when it is stuck is a good list of bonus's.

Now for racing on the flats. A stock 450 Honda against a slip on Renegade has zero chance of beating it. Never had a chance to race a 450 with the Renegade stock. An 07 HRC 450 on the pavement will have the same Renegade by 1/2 a quad length. My bro is a good driver on his 450 so I know its all his quad has.

In the end the Renegade is the Ultimate machine to do Everything. It may not be the best at everything but it does it well. Now if your a bit older and a hard day of riding a 450 makes you pay for it in the morning take a look at the Renegade it will impress you. And if you want to ride your 450 from time to time your wife can drive the 800, automatic is easy.

KrazyKeith
10-27-2008, 03:45 AM
Every year we have a drag race at a local ski slope....yea thats right we drag up the hill. well its about 500ft up with lots of jumps and ruts. A renegade won it!! all the classes he entered he won. It had a slip on and a fuel controller and beat all the 450's stock and mod class.