PDA

View Full Version : 400ex motor

MossboysRacing
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
just looking for a CHEAP 400ex motor... do not care if it needs to be rebuilt, I have a rolling chassis, all i need is a complete motor to throw in this bike for my girlfriend.... thanks

initall
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi, I have a motor that is torn down, i had it for a project, the crank went on it, but i have new bearings for the crank new rings and a complete gasket set, so all it needs is the new bearings put on the crank and everything to be put back together.

MossboysRacing
10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
how much do you want for it, and when the bearings went out did it do any damage ??? also is the tranny completey apart???

initall
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
The shop i took it to tore it down, They said everthing was fine with the exception of the crank bearings (the connecting rod bearing), which i have new ones the new rings and a gasket set -- tranny is not all the way apart but could throw in a manual if needed for extra $$ but $500.00 + shipping

according to the previous owner it had a new top end last year 20 over - the head is apart ready to be put back together with the new valve seals