PDA

View Full Version : best long travel front end?

ZSNOW
10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
what company makes the best long travel front ends? im looking for the most travel and the smoothest ride on a 450r, will be paired up with elka long travels.

o yah, for other thats walsh, i totally forgot about them when i posted this topic.

madskrillz2
10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
How could you leave Walsh out? That's why I voted other. Walsh is the best hands down.

ZSNOW
10-20-2008, 03:09 PM
i have no idea how i left out walsh lol, thanks for the replys though

Fred55
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Where is Laegers?

BlaineKaiser450
10-20-2008, 05:25 PM
i say walsh

ZSNOW
10-20-2008, 06:43 PM
i thought laegers went out of business or got bought out or something?

NacsMXer
10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
I voted Roll, but the Laeger's Pro Trax T-pin front end is the best there is IMO.

Pono
10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
really the a arms dont determine what gives the smoothest ride. the best riding front end be will the one that is setup properly. do you already have the elkas? if yes, i would see which company works closely with elka to get proper valving. different arms have different motion ratios. 2:1 is the best i believe....not quite sure bout this though. i know jd performance has worked directly with motowoz shocks to dial in those front ends. also another thing i would consider is the type of riding you are doing. if its going to be very muddy you may not want an a arm with heims or kingpin because they get all clogged up since they are open to the elements. and they also require more mantinence.

i would say jd performance, laegers, or jb. i know all are quality arms and also cheaper than the rest. i prefer balljoints because they are simply easier to maintain. adjustments are extremely easy as well with these arms. dont get me wrong i love gibson and walsh arms and know that they are race proven products but the other arms have more bang for buck.

one more thing.....having the most travel is not always the best. when tim farr was testing the laegers pro trax front end they could cycle 14" of travel. they found out that when they limited the travel to 10.4" they got the best range of motion that rode the best. something to think about. thats why i recommend going with an arm company that worked hand in hand the the shock builder.

ZSNOW
10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
ok, thank you, my riding is all mx

T@AFP
10-22-2008, 06:39 AM
How about another option?

http://www.atvfourplay.com/Honda.htm

Colby@C&DRacing
10-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I agree ATVFOURPLAY makes a really nice product. We sell just about everything on the market and we use ATVFOURPLAY on our team bikes.

ALAMX37
10-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I fell in love with Roll. I have rode a lot of different setups but never anything as smooth as my roll/axis setup.

mx1791
10-22-2008, 05:20 PM
for a 450r i'd get gibson or atvfourplay

LTRracer4
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Everyone goes on and on about walsh a-arms, but i my self have Walsh a-arms got them because "they are the best". Ive put a season on them ( i had laegers last year) and im less then impressed. first of all i droped some serious jack for them, first ride, a rock got thrown up and dented one a-arm, it dented VERY easily. now ive got 4 or 5 months on them, all the joints are getting sloppy no matter how much i check, tighten, lube, and maintain they are just going downhill. I have friends with walsh a-arms that have the same complaints, i have friends with JB a-arms that couldnt be happier, and they are a few hundred less. Next year im looking toward either Jb or atv4play.

mx1791
10-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Connor Basile likes men.
your just pissed couse i didnt say houser haha. i have houser LT, i kno there good but there not the best imo..

T@AFP
10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
I noticed this was your first post on ATVRIDERS and I wanted to say thanks for giving us (ATV Four Play) a plug.
If you decide to go with us.... call me directly and I'll help you out.

Tom

Originally posted by LTRracer4
Everyone goes on and on about walsh a-arms, but i my self have Walsh a-arms got them because "they are the best". Ive put a season on them ( i had laegers last year) and im less then impressed. first of all i droped some serious jack for them, first ride, a rock got thrown up and dented one a-arm, it dented VERY easily. now ive got 4 or 5 months on them, all the joints are getting sloppy no matter how much i check, tighten, lube, and maintain they are just going downhill. I have friends with walsh a-arms that have the same complaints, i have friends with JB a-arms that couldnt be happier, and they are a few hundred less. Next year im looking toward either Jb or atv4play.

blakefoote
10-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
what company makes the best long travel front ends? im looking for the most travel and the smoothest ride on a 450r, will be paired up with elka long travels.

o yah, for other thats walsh, i totally forgot about them when i posted this topic.

FROM THE CHOICES YOU HAVE LISTED IT WOULD BE JB IN MY OPINION...BUT WALSH WOULD BE THE BEST....JMO THOUGH...EVERYBODY LIKES SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT THOSE ARE THE ONES THAT WORK THE BEST FOR ME

Balaz_73*00
10-23-2008, 09:46 PM
houser/elka lt absolutely love LOVE my setup

ZSNOW
10-24-2008, 03:57 PM
i think im going gibson fox, because i can get a good deal on them both...what do you guys think of that set up? or if not fox, what do you suggest for shocks with gibson +3 a arms?

Honda#4
10-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Ever consider Stadium shocks?

LTRracer4
10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
I noticed this was your first post on ATVRIDERS and I wanted to say thanks for giving us (ATV Four Play) a plug.
If you decide to go with us.... call me directly and I'll help you out.

Tom

hey i apreciate it. im acctually getting to send out resumes this week, and ATV 4 play is on the list. so you should be getting one (Chris Aydelott #4)

ZSNOW
10-24-2008, 06:04 PM
nah, haven't heard or seen good things about staduim shocks.