PDA

View Full Version : Hole on head leaking

Jake250ex
10-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey, I have a 07 ER and theres a small hole on the right side of the head that looks like its been leaking oil out of. What is this and what do I need to do? Its never done this before and I havent changed anything.

Sjorge450R
10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
Hey, I have a 07 ER and theres a small hole on the right side of the head that looks like its been leaking oil out of. What is this and what do I need to do? Its never done this before and I havent changed anything.

if i am right in believing it is the hole that the spark plug leaks outof then you are alright. Its the breather tube for the plug

d3ktrix
10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Like said above its the drain hole for the spark plug area. But oil should not be coming out of it.

There is a bunch of things that can cause that. Most common I've seen are the plug is loose or a crack in the head.

ky300ex
10-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I had the same problem once but it was my fault.I had removed the valve cover for something and had forgot to replace the seal on top of spark plug tube when i put the valve cover back on.A small amount of oil would find its way in between the valve cover and the top of the spark plug tube and then leak out of the spark plug breather hole.