PDA

View Full Version : any good virus places?

450raider
10-18-2008, 01:08 PM
ive switched to dsl over my old dial up a few months ago and have nothin but loved it so far but in the past week theres been a few hiccups coming on, such as i can load a page and itll do it but with "errors on page" and sometimes freeze momentarily and even popups like "take the stupid quiz" or "reccomended that you load this app." so i was just curious if theres anything out there thats free and that really works...... and im not gonna blow $40 anymore for that norton crap, because it gave me a world of trouble last time i had it..

thanks

Rip_Tear
10-18-2008, 04:54 PM
www.avast.com

get the free home edition, it's the best free anti virus out there.

450raider
10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
yeah ill give that a whirl, thanks

10-18-2008, 09:10 PM
go to this link. It great help with cleaning out computers. i run the same scan on all my laptops and desktop in the house. youl be amazed.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139681

Also get your self a program called

CCleaner

And download HiJackThis
It lets you delete entry's but you have to kinda no what your looking for. but you can pick up on it easy

Ralph
10-18-2008, 09:52 PM
AVG antivirus - free edition

10-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Never get Norton....ever.

Thanks to the last trip to the computer repair store, I now have 5 anti-virus programs. Ad-Aware 2007, Ad-Watch 2007, AVG 7.5, HijackThis and Spybot. And as far as I know..They're all free editions because we weren't charged for any of 'em.

But because of all those programs, my computers butthole is so tight that if it was too fart...It'd sound like a dolphin squealing.

Ralph
10-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by MrManly
Never get Norton....ever.

Thanks to the last trip to the computer repair store, I now have 5 anti-virus programs. Ad-Aware 2007, Ad-Watch 2007, AVG 7.5, HijackThis and Spybot. And as far as I know..They're all free editions because we weren't charged for any of 'em.

But because of all those programs, my computers butthole is so tight that if it was too fart...It'd sound like a dolphin squealing.

WARNING: Hi-Jack This is ment to be used only by professionals! Do not use unless you 100% know what your doing or you will delete a whole lot of important files. - Its kind of like a gun when it comes to anti-virus; In the wrong hand it can do a lot of damage...

XCAdam89
10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
AVG antivirus - free edition

I use that too - Best free alternative IMO. It updates itself constantly too.