PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

born2ride14
10-18-2008, 12:39 PM
ok ive got some ?'s

1. i am trying to hook up a oil cooler on my 300, whats the best way? im having a hard time finding a banjo bolt fitting so i can put a hose on it.
if you are familiar with 300exs you should know what i mean.

2. i bought a enclosed trailer with surge brakes. how do i disactivate the brakes when reverse?

3. i got a new rear sprocket and i think i have to take off the axle, how do i do this?

10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
i can't answer the first 2, but you do not have to take off the axle to remove the rear sprocket...there should be 4 allen head bolts that will allow the sprocket to come off of the hub

born2ride14
10-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i can't answer the first 2, but you do not have to take off the axle to remove the rear sprocket...there should be 4 allen head bolts that will allow the sprocket to come off of the hub

even this flavor?

10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
yes, see how the smaller, inner holes have the inset...that is for the bolt head

born2ride14
10-18-2008, 05:48 PM
so your telling me that it will fit over the sprocket hub? i dont think so

born2ride14
10-18-2008, 05:52 PM
or are you thinking of this flavor sprocket? notice the inside cut and compare the two

ZeroLogic
10-18-2008, 06:41 PM
First one won't, second one will. You'll have to loosen the axle lock nuts to remove the axle.

born2ride14
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
ok im having a hell of a time getting the axle nut off. i got the jam nut off.
i am following pappys instructions in the ow to fourm

ZSK
10-19-2008, 07:33 PM
The surge brakes should have a pin that you insert to allow backing up. Check out a local U-haul dealer as most of their trailers have surge brakes.

Many sprockets have a cutout to slip over the wheel hub, if not simply remove the hub and the sprocket will slip over.

400ex's come with oil coolers you can look to them for the fittings and bolts.

Depending where you're at in Jacksonville I might be able to stop by after work and lend a hand if need be.

Rich250RRacer
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
The surge brakes should have a pin that you insert to allow backing up. Check out a local U-haul dealer as most of their trailers have surge brakes.

Many sprockets have a cutout to slip over the wheel hub, if not simply remove the hub and the sprocket will slip over.

Depending where you're at in Jacksonville I might be able to stop by after work and lend a hand if need be.

400EX's don't use banjo bolts to attach the cooler lines, but check a few Yamahas. I know the Raptor 660 uses them.

born2ride14
10-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by ZSK

well my trailer does not have a pin but i have been thinking about putting one in.

i thought that the sprocket hubs were pressed on

pmed you

born2ride14
10-21-2008, 09:56 AM
ok i got the nut off now i got to get the brake hub off. its all rusted on there. i put some blaster on it ill see if that helps.if that does not work then i will have to heat it up. any other ways?

10-21-2008, 10:20 AM
the 2nd sprocket is what you should have...i was assuming that the first sprocket pic was a stock photo...you know one of those one that usually have a disclaimer saying that "due to differences in applications, your sprocket may be slightly different"