PDA

View Full Version : 08 Aftermarket Muffler Help

racerdan24
10-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey everyone....
I am looking to get a decent slip on exhaust for my 2008 400EX.
I am not concerned about noise levels just would like to have a better than stock exhaust for around $225.00 or $250.00.
What does everyone recommend for a bit better performance?
Do the slipons always require re jetting?
Do the slipons sold on Motosport.com and Rockymountain atv come with the jest needed?
I have seen some HMF's on ebay that come with the jet for around $225.00.....Should i be weary of these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

justin1022
10-18-2008, 02:57 PM
hmf

Brauap
10-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Just about everyone of your quads have been answered.. about 10000 times!!! SEARCH :rolleyes:

hornetgod13
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
In my opinion, HMF makes one of the best slip on exhausts.

racerdan24
10-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey Brauap.....What the F*** did you think i did first, just jump on the board and submit a question without doing some sort of reserach first!!!!What type of idiot do you take me for.....all of the answers i found were for 07's and back !

If i was a quad expert such as yourself, then i would not have to be on the forums posting questions like this. Do everyone a favor and just be a tad bit kinder to the " Non " experts on here and not so G*****MN sarcastic.

If it was a simple striaght forward answer i would have never taken my precious time on a saturday to post the damn question in the first place. EVERY and i mean EVERY search i did left me more confused than the first time! Forget i even asked such a " Stupid " question in your opinion.

Pipeless416
10-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by racerdan24
Hey Brauap.....What the F*** did you think i did first, just jump on the board and submit a question without doing some sort of reserach first!!!!What type of idiot do you take me for.....all of the answers i found were for 07's and back !

slip ons or full systems are the same for all years... :rolleyes: goosfraba.

racerdan24
10-18-2008, 07:06 PM
thanks Mike for the simple answer...that is all i asked for originally

sprayedgt
10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I was going to get an HMF for my '08 but decided to spend the extra $ on a Yoshimura Carbon Fiber full kit. They sound awesome and are amongst the highest quality you can buy. Zero regrets here!!

racerdan24
10-19-2008, 05:27 PM
spray...any pics of your beast?

sprayedgt
10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=3183570

This is the only pic I have right now. It was taken the day I got it.

fivepointnine
10-21-2008, 03:32 PM
got a BUB moto C4 slip on off ebay for 155 shipped.....outstanding quality, alot lighter than stock, good sound and much better low end, I did rejet though.

racerdan24
10-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks fivepoint...that was what i figured the majority would say....a rejet is a must

fivepointnine
10-21-2008, 08:44 PM
rejetting is super easy, most exhausts come with jetting specs so you know what to get...I went from a 38 to 40 pilot and a 155 main jet and raised the needle one slot and it seems to run pretty good, that is with a modified airbox and UNI filter too

RaginRedneck
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
A rejet is a pretty much a must. That being said, I would buy one or two sizes larger on the pilot to compensate for the slip-on. If you plan on making other mods in the near future that would affect jetting than I would spend the money on a jet kit.

A bought a jet kit, but in hindsight, I wouldn't have since I did the research on here to get a ballpark idea of what to jet it at, I was nearly dead nuts on my first attempt and just had to screw with the mixture screw.

Also, if you do a search for exhaust clips there will be a thread that has a bunch of different types of exhausts, with what they are jetted at, and you get to hear what they sound like. That may help you decide which one to get since you are concerned about noise level.

......ahhh hell, I won't be that lazy. Here you go:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346007&highlight=exhaust+clip

good luck!!!:devil: